Now that gas price have gone down, are you able to afford other things?

Gas is $1.97 in my neck of the woods.

Alma_C

Asked by Alma_C at 11:49 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I suppose I could buy other things with that money, but I am saving it because I know the prices will go right back up again. I don't count on things staying like this, as gas will always fluctuate. And the fact that it got so back is a good indicator that it can get right back up there in a hurry and stay there for the long haul.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:48 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Yes we have been able to! Its great!
    1.99 here but ALOT better than what it was 5 months ago at $4.20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ReadyToRage

Answer by ReadyToRage at 11:51 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I haven't noticed much, it's $2.39 last time I looked
    Anonymous

• we are always about 30 cents more than the national average
    anyway the only thing we did is stopped making out of town trops, so we can do that again
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 12:26 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• oops, i meant trips not trops lol
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 12:27 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Prices are about $2.07 to $2.30 here. I also got a more fuel efficient car which helps. My gas bill went from $70.00 per week to $30.00 per week when prices were $4.07. Now it doesn't even take $20.00 to fill it. My budget has significantly loosened up.

Madge1428

Answer by Madge1428 at 6:37 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Yes! We bought ice cream at the grocery store yesterday (it's been a while....unecessary foods was the first thing to get cut out of our budget!)
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 7:51 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Gas is still $2.74 in NY but compared to 4.25 I'll take it. I think its gotta make a significant difference for most people.
    jojo13

Answer by jojo13 at 8:28 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• It's $1.79 here... It isn't an affordability issue with me~ I don't buy much "extra" anyway.. We like save, save, save...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:04 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• God you guys are so friggin lucky, gas is still $2.20 on average here in NC.

I feel HORRIBLE saying that since it was almost $4 a gallon just two or three months ago...but still! I'm spoiled, hahahaha.

I'm going to be totally honest. Gas prices dropping have been great and it's nice to see them dropping more every day...but we never really were in trouble to begin with. Sure, we had some weeks where we'd be bitching about how much money we had to spend on gas, but we were never scraping for cash to afford to eat. We live within our means, so rising prices haven't really affected us. (We're horribly poor anyway.)

I just hate that the prices will go back up again >:( Really stupid.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:09 AM on Nov. 10, 2008