How does your family open gifts with young children?

do you let your kids go first? does everyone do one at a time/taking turns? this is our first year with two kids and one of the kids is well aware of what is going on. tryin to think of how was can make this run smoothly tomorrow. we also have stockings for everyone.

anxious1stimer

Asked by anxious1stimer at 1:28 AM on Dec. 25, 2010 in Holidays

• Let the kids take turn. Place the gifts under the tree and let them find their names. Merry Christmas Enjoy
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 1:30 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• do you wait to open urs and ur SO after the kids are all done or do u take turns while the kids are?
    anxious1stimer

Comment by anxious1stimer (original poster) at 1:32 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• We take turns children and adults included
    VERONICAS_MOM

Answer by VERONICAS_MOM at 1:36 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• we only do children on christmas so they open everything and we watch lol in no order tho
    diamondgrl

Answer by diamondgrl at 1:39 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• This has always been a debate in our family! In my family, we have ALWAYS taken turns, starting with the youngest, opening one present at a time. It took a nice amount of time, you got to see the person you gave the present to open it, and we always stopped and thanked the person after we opened the present. It was easy for pictures too. My husband's family is crazy! lol They just go at it. People are opening while the presents are being passed out, there's no order or reason. It's insane! lol

So we settled on having our daughter open all of her presents first, then hubby (he's a few months younger than me) and then I open all of mine. I am not sure whether we'll do it this way next year because we'll have two children. I would prefer to do the turn taking with everyone, but we will probably have the kids take turns opening one present at a time and then have hubby open his and I'll open mine. We'll see!
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 3:17 AM on Dec. 25, 2010