WE HAVE BEDBUGS :( What can I do???

I was sitting on our bed and saw a bed bug crawling by...I'm 100% sure it was a bed bug.

I checked the bedding and there's not a huge infestation yet...

What can I do to prevent a huge Infestation??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on Dec. 25, 2010 in Health

• I was looking online for mattress covers and they supposedly have some that seal in bedbugs or something, but if it's already spread past that don't know what to tell you. I've heard heat of like 130 degree will kill them. If you could leave for a day or two and mega crank the heat, that might do it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:31 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Bed bugs are so hard to get rid of. I would suggest a new mattress. You could also google bed bugs and hope to find a remedy. Good luck! I would be super freaked out. I hate bugs!
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 3:01 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• burn the mattress? lol I have no idea sorry :( good luck!
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 3:06 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• So far the expensive pest control services are all I have heard for them. I'd get rid of the mattress before they spread to other furniture in other rooms. I thought if I ever got them I'd buy an air mattress bed!

Answer by admckenzie at 3:25 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• I agree to the air mattress idea but more important, where did they cme from? Have you been traveling? Staying in motels?
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 4:11 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• I went to a family friend's house...they are very poor and I took them some gifts and some groceries and I stayed late into the night to help with some stuff...they have a disabled child and I was spending time with her. I was sitting in her room and something bit me, didn't think anything of it but literally two days later I end up with bed bugs !
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:56 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• We had them at one point and had to throw away our bed because it got so bad. What we did for the rest of the house was pick up and wash any clothes on the floor or near the beds, also wash all pillows and blankets, vacuum all furniture, carpet and baseboards and then spray the carpet, furniture and baseboards with a bed bug spray. Home Depot has a spray called "Good Night Bed Bugs" it's a white can with a blue lid. I'm sure if you ask they will know what it is if you can't find it. Luckily our bed was the only one we had to throw away. Our couch and my sons bed also had them, but we did everything previously mentioned and haven't had them since. You might have to do it more than once depending on how bad it is. Also if you can't find that spray RID also works. GL
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 12:23 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Check Dr. Oz's website about the bed bugs and how to get rid of them.
    goldilocks70

Answer by goldilocks70 at 1:22 AM on Dec. 26, 2010