Bottle Strike?

My son is almost 4 months and this weekend he has decided he no longer will take a bottle. He screams bloody murder if we put it in his mouth. All he will do is breastfeed... which is fine when I am home, but I have to go to work tomorrow! I don't know what I should do. We tried all the kinds of nipples we have in the house (breastflow -his usual bottle-, avent, platex, standard nipple) he won't even try to suck. Daddy tried to cup feed him even (it didn't go over very well) he finally put him in the tub, his FAVORITE spot and he took a bottle there... but tomorrow he can't be in the tub all day!
I think he might be teething and I gave him Tylenol and teething tablets, and it didn't any good.

Any suggestions?

AmiJanell

Asked by AmiJanell at 11:52 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• suggestion.... i go thru cryin baby scene alot lol my baby has early intervention and her doc toldmetht wen they cry to just let them so they learn how to self soothe and trust me wen he is hungry he will eat girl but if that dont work i found some botttle from a vrand called munckin i dont think i spelled right but close enough ;p lolz but there nipples looks just like excuse meeh if tmi but a real nipple its small and round enough very different from anything i ever seen and the bottle looks like avent but more curvey itscalled tri-flow the only thing is that these bottles are hard to find i knowu can order them offline i found mine at baby depot but they dont have them at target walmart or not even babies r us lolz and if that false you u remember that movie meeet the parents lol ur gonna have to get you hubby a boobie bra and make him breast feed too lolz i wonder if they really exist hahahahaa
    mommiediap

Answer by mommiediap at 12:16 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• My guy does this occasionally. When this happens, we walk with him, which usually quiets him down, then we can try again in a little while. Sometimes it works faster than others, but eventually he'll chill out and realize, "Ok, I can do this!" Good luck, mama, hopefully he just had a bad day or two!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:46 AM on Nov. 10, 2008