I have one crying in his room right now at 1am

We were ready to go to bed it appeared that the kids were asleep so Hubs and I started putting the stuff out and our 11 yo came out I told iom to go back to bed he said I'm thirsty so DAd got him a drink of water then he came back saying he can't sleep I undwerstand he excited but I too have to get up early and entertain all day so I loudly said go to bed right now and then he stomped into his room and is now crying and I'm gonna let him.....would you or what would you so in this situation??

mom2priceboys

Asked by mom2priceboys at 4:05 AM on Dec. 25, 2010 in Holidays

• I would talk to him and explain why it is necessary to go to bed to get his rest. Hold him until he goes back to sleep.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 4:16 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• I have been holding him for almost 2 hours before I came out here, rubbing his head, his back,etc... He just needs to let himself relax so he can go to sleep we are waking up early!!! It is a busy day!!! I'm tired too!!! Ok, sorry little vent there. i have tried talking to him he's just overwrought with anticipation of christmas and I'm thinking at this point needs to cry it out
    mom2priceboys

Comment by mom2priceboys (original poster) at 4:21 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Oh! Just let him cry I guess. Sounds like u tried everything. What about warm milk/ Some kids like that.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 4:23 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Thanks for listening, I just made him a couple pieces of toast and butter then told him he had to chose his room or borthers and the only other place he can go is to the bathroom. I have done all my nighttime preperations (take makeup off, brush and moisture hair for tomorrows shower) so I will go climb in next to him in about 20 minutes then anytime between 6 and 8 is wakeup time. It'll all be good I'm just as anxious LOL Again, Dancer ,Thanks!!!!!
    mom2priceboys

Comment by mom2priceboys (original poster) at 4:38 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• I'd apologize for shouting at him and hurting his feelings. If he wants to stay up, he's old enough to stay up by himself.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:20 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• How was your day?
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 8:57 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Exhausted but it's done. We have eaten, had family over, talked on the phonne, cleaned up then eaten again LOL now to go watch a movie and take a nyquil LOL the day starts early tomorrow for the 50% off shopping spree and gift card spending.. How about you??
    mom2priceboys

Comment by mom2priceboys (original poster) at 9:01 PM on Dec. 25, 2010