Well, we're separated.

Merry fucking Christmas to me.

It:s 12:48am at the moment. Finally officially Christmas.

With that being said, about 5 minutes ago we chose to definitely separate. Not sure when we're going to file the papers, but we're going to try and remain somewhat civil for our kid.

The last few months we've fought terribly. It's been physical a few times. But, I notice that it's happening more and more in front of our daughter, and I just can't let that happen any more.

I'm not sure what to feel. Yes, I am sad but a part of me feels relieved almost. Finally I can stop trying to succeed at something that's failing. Finally I can do things MY way and not have to really answer to anyone else. And finally, things that are important to me are important...

Every little thing that I want to do, is just not important to him. Holidays, my hobbies, my school, my interests, nothing.

We've been married for 1 1/2 years, and he can't tell me my favorite color or ice cream flavor. He can't tell me my favorite movie, or really any shred of who I am. He never knew me.

I am sad... My heart is heavy and I am trying to grasp the idea of being alone. It hurts really fucking bad right now. But there is a part of me that just knows this is the right decision.

Merry Christmas.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:54 AM on Dec. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• hugs  It will get better, just enjoy the time with your daughter. 

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:04 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Sorry for what happens but everything happens for a reason. yeah i just found out my job might be trying to get rid of me but noone told me i was doing a bad job or anything. and its not a full time gig or anything. hang in there. you sound like you are a very strong person. we will make it through. merry christmas
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 6:05 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• ((((HUGS)))) Bless you and your little one it does get better one day at a time.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:25 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• My sister is going through a seperation too they said they were going to meet on monday to see how they're going to go about getting a divorce...i know it must be hard on you because no matter how much you guys may have fought you always try and remeber the good times and hope that some day soon you could return to that happy couple you once were but then reality hits and you realize wow this really isnt going to work...but it really is the best decsion you could ever make not just for yourself but also for your daughter she shouldnt have to see you guys fight keep your head up everything happens for a reason!
    ChanellesMommy

Answer by ChanellesMommy at 7:08 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Try to make it a Merry Christmas for yourself and your daughter. My Christmas didn't start out very merry either. As long as you have your daughter, you won't be alone. You are making the right decision. When the fighting gets physical, it's out of control and time to call it quits. I grew up in a home with an alcoholic father who started all kinds of trouble when he was drunk and beat up on my mother. Needless to say, I finally moved out when I was able to, but it took a real toll on both me and my only brother. My brother passed away over ten years ago from AIDS at a young age and I have all kinds of psychological issues. I'm on meds. and get shock treatments to keep me "sane" and not suicidal. I'm doing a lot better now, but you do not want your daughter to witness anymore of the fighting. Sooner or later it will leave its mark. Good luck to you, be strong, and pray!
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 7:16 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 6:01 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Dont worry things will get better, just keep your head up.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 7:10 PM on Dec. 25, 2010