High heartrate

A couple days ago, I was at the hospital with my husband and while they were discharging him, I passed out. They then ran a bunch of tests, thyroid levels, ekg, pregnancy test, glucose, etc. The whole time I had an elevated heartrate. It was steady at 116, even relaxing. After 6 hours, I finally put a stop on taking blood, etc. I went to the dr yesterday, and she almost laughed at me. I just don't see a 24 year old having a high heart rate normal. Has anyone else dealt with this?

Sarahe786

Asked by Sarahe786 at 7:22 AM on Dec. 25, 2010 in Health

• Oh wow. I haven't had a Holter or event monitor. This only came up the other day and all they told me to do was follow up with my dr. Who I didn't even see yesterday. I'm going to have to make another appt, because I feel my heart pounding and its horrible. I figured I would have at least gotten a referral to the cardiologist. Have you always had a high rate? Do you have a high blood pressure too? Mine was in the 130's every time they checked it.
    Thank you for the info!!!
    Sarahe786

Comment by Sarahe786 (original poster) at 7:40 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• No, Good Luck. See a cardiologist
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:57 AM on Dec. 26, 2010