Rude MIL....even on xmas

My MIL and my hb got into a really bad argument about a week ago. SHes been staying with us for about a year because she juzt went trhough a divorce and my hb finally told her that he wanted her to leave we need our space. She got really mad packed her bags and told him she was out of his life she would only come around on weekends and wash her clothes and leave him alone. I thought the way he said it was pretty rude but I stayed out of it anyway. Prior to that me and her had an agreement she cooked for thanksgiving because I was going to my moms and I'd do xmas. A week after thanksgiving she got really mad at me and cursed me out for cooking dinner after she had cooked thanksgiving dinner (i didnt see the relation because it was a week later and the food was gone). So here we are xmas eve and she comes home with bags and bags of food and tells me I can cook but shes gonna cook to, and she did and has been cooking for the past 12 hours I havent even been able to get in the kitchen (kinda small) to fix breakfast yet for my hb, me, or my son. Why the immaturity?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on Dec. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• Kick her butt out. Your house, your family, your husband. She had her chance and life. She screwed it with her husband. It is time to find an own house to her. You can just refuse to eat her food. If I would be in your shoe I would just go out to a restaurant. If she does not understand neither the nice nor the rude way than just ignore her. Ignore her out of your house. I couldn't live together with my parents or MIL at all. A family is a family. Mummy, daddy, children, pets. That's it. And whoever don't understand this than it is really rude from them.
    adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 8:52 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Mil needs to go. Its time for you, dh and her to sit down and calmly plan her moving out. Unless she is willing to stop being a brillo pad.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 10:25 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• i'd show her the door and tell her not to let it hit her in the ass on the way out! i had the cops throw my mother out b/c she wasn't respecting my rules in my house. three sheriffs escorted her out of my house! lol. it was great!
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 10:29 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Tell her to sit down and ask her to leave.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:46 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Go give her a hug and say Merry Christmas (whatever her name is). I bet you get a better response from her than if you kicked her out. We old people just want to still be valued by our adult kids. Just be nice (even if she's not). It's Christmas.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:33 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• She's still angry from her divorce and the two of you are the closest people she can take her anger out on. As much as you may not want to, don't stop giving her love and support.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 5:41 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• It's all about control. Evidently she would rather be the one cooking over the holidays than to let someone else do it. But seriously, coming in unannounced with bags of food to fix, that was rude. If she moved out of the house, doesn't she realize that it also means that you cook your own meals? She need to be put in her place and soon.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:34 AM on Dec. 26, 2010