Potty training a boy..

okay i need a lil advice. My son has a potty chair, but all he wants to do is play on it and get up and down up and down, so i took the little seat off and put it on the big potty and he will sit there forever! But my concern with this, when he eventually does pee, its just going to shoot out in the floor! theres no weanie guard on the big potty....so what do ya'll do? Ive tried having him stand on his stool to pee in the big potty but he just wants to play with the toilet (yuck!) Advice & Help please =D

EthansMommy5

Asked by EthansMommy5 at 10:45 AM on Dec. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son (2 1/2) pees sitting or standing. When he sits, he spreads his legs pretty wide (for stability) and sits towards the back, and the pee always goes down. When he stands, he prefers not to use a stool, but to stand at the toilet with his penis hanging down over the rim, inside the toilet so he doesn't have to worry about aim so much. We taught all of ours on a regular toilet.
    cedailey

Answer by cedailey at 11:21 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• I was just reading an article on babycenter about potty training boys and they said to be careful about the gaurds because it can do more harm. They said when the little boy gets on and off he can and probally will scrap his penis on it and it will hurt him. I got my son the cars potty chair and it has a gard but it is build into the foam and it works just the same and it is soft.
    2009mommytobe

Answer by 2009mommytobe at 11:39 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• I also agree with 2009mommytobe, But also you didnt say how old he is, he just might not be ready yet, you might want to wait 2 or 3 weeks and then try again. All kids are dif and it takes a lot of paitience.
    Alta2008

Answer by Alta2008 at 7:00 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• My son would sit on the little pottie forever also. I just took the top off of the little on and put it on the big one. He liked that better. But he wouldn't poop in the toilet. He would only do it in the pull-up. So I had to get the underwear and it took him one time to forget and that was it. He did want the underwear though. My second son was much easier to pottie train cause he wanted to be like his big brother. I say make him sit on it not stand and pee that will come later. Teach him how to hold it down with his hand. Cause when he starts to stand and pee if he doesn't know that it will be everywear. I learned that the hard way. I would start that at about 4 cause they will be in school or about to go. Then they will need to go in the boys restroom. You would be suprise how many little boys don't know what to do in there. Good luck hope I helped. :) :) :)
    LADYA1983

Answer by LADYA1983 at 2:14 AM on Dec. 28, 2010