What was the BEST gift you got this year for Christmas?

AtHomeMommy-3

Asked by AtHomeMommy-3 at 11:14 AM on Dec. 25, 2010 in Holidays

• The gift of hearing! My cochlear implant will be turned on January 14th!!!! I had my surgery December 10th!
    Waspinators_Mom

Answer by Waspinators_Mom at 11:21 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• the best thing i got was special calender my ds made at school ......being a special needs child and have so many issues to see his smiling face when i open the gift make me cry.....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 12:14 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Yay Waspinators mom! The best gift was a book and the fact I am slowly getting my business off the ground for me and for my team!!!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:54 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• I think the gift of hearing tops them all! That is really awesome!
    booksandhooks

Answer by booksandhooks at 4:04 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• goodI agree with booksandhooks! The gift of hearing is AWESOME!! My DH has a slight impairment, and had corrective surgery about 10 years ago. The first time I spoke to him at a normal level and he heard me, I cried!

Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 5:40 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• AWESOME!!! :) I'm so happy for you! That actually brought tears to my eyes! I wish you the absolute best!
    AtHomeMommy-3

Comment by AtHomeMommy-3 (original poster) at 11:22 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• All of them.
    sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 12:19 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Awwww that's great! I'm antsy to get them turned on! My right ear has been RINGING sooooooooooooooooo BAD!!!!! So bad that it drowns out the 15% of the hearing I have in my left ear. It's so irritating!!!! I'm not sure I'll get the other ear done(Or if medicare will pay for it since they consider hearing "cosmetic"*insert rolled eyes*). It felt like I got hit in hte head with a ball bat for the past 2 weeks after surgery!
    Now I'm feeling better, I look around the apartment and think, Holy crap, Lat time I go out of commission!!! lol I have A LOT of cleaning to do!!! I mean it's not bad, bad, but not my standards either.
    I have to give my son credit though, He took GREAT care of me while I was recovering!!!!!
    The audiologist said that when my ear gets turned on at first everyone will sound like "Donald duck under water"(*gee I can hardly wait!), but with "hearing therapy", Everything should be all good in a few weeks.
    Waspinators_Mom

Answer by Waspinators_Mom at 5:04 PM on Dec. 26, 2010