• In the Spotlight:

So lazy and tired of it

I'm so lazy, i just let the laundry pile up til we have nothing to wear then i do it. i'm so tired of it. i want to have more energy to get things done. i just dont self diciplene and i have no idea what to do about it. i just cant make myself get up and do it. does anyone have any advice? i could really use it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Health

• Do you think it is a health issue, physical or mental? Are you getting enough iron, water, b complex. I have been on flylady.com I have hypothyroid and I go back and forth with it then get overwhelmed with the work I have piled up. Fly lady helps me take it one step at a time. There is also mommy burnout and some regular time off helps.
    Roxanne0607

Answer by Roxanne0607 at 12:09 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Post up your phone number and we will call you every so often to make sure you are up and working!!! Just a thought.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Do you really believe you are lazy? Or do you lack energy? Are you lethargic? Tired? Depressed? Or are you a procrastinator? These are all different things, with different causes. I felt lazy for some time because I was always so darned tired. Turned out I had diabetes. So, it may not be what you think at all. Your post had a generalized feeling of malaise to it, which suggests to me that there may be some depression involved...could this be the case?
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 2:19 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• jespeach: yes I have been diagnosed with post pardum depression. I'm supposed to be taking prozac for it, but my husband feels I dont need to so i dont take it. and yes im also a procrastinator. i just dont know what to do
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:47 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I feel for you, I really do. I would make an appointment with your doctor. Maybe he can help rule out a physical reason anemia, sleep deprivation, diabetes, thyroid, vitamin deficiencies, dehydration etc. which may help your husband understand. Is he refusing to let you take it or his opinion is your fine and you are leaning on his decision making because you are feeling so down? I assuming this is not the person you were so something is off.
    Roxanne0607

Answer by Roxanne0607 at 12:45 PM on Nov. 10, 2008