How to get on a normal sleeping pattern?

I am a weird sleeping shedule. I spend all nite up, usually waking up at 7-9 p.m and staying up till 11 or 10 a.m in the morning. By that time, I am ready to completly crash. So I end sleeping late. I really wanna get back into my sleeping habit. Any suggestions. Right now i am wired off coffee, that's how I am staying away right now.

ChildGoddess

Asked by ChildGoddess at 1:49 PM on Dec. 25, 2010 in Health

• It's going to take a little doing. First even if you are tired because you stayed up late, get up at a decent time. don't allow any naps during the day and cut down on any stimulant (like coffee) right before bed. Also, don't drink a lot in the evenings. Then you won't have your bladder waking you up. Soon you'll get back into a normal pattern (barring kids don't mess you up ;)
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 2:21 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• To help reset your circadian rythms, take some melatonin. It's the biochemical already in your system that regulates your body clock. A surge of melatonin causes you to feel sleepy, and is usually triggered by nightfall.

So.. a couple of hours before you're ready to sleep, start winding down. About an hour before bed, take a melatonin, then turn down the lights. No ty, no computers-- nothing stimulating.

Melatonin can be purchased at the drug store. I would start off with about 1 mg to see how you do.

Once you get on a set schedule for about 2 weeks, stop using the melatonin and see how you do.

Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 5:10 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• I go to sleep 11 pm and wake up at 7.30. Regardless. After a couple of days, my body got used to it.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:17 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Do it slowly.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:56 AM on Dec. 26, 2010