hi this is my first child pregancy

is it sife to sleep in your bag on 8weeks pregnancy?

oscana

Asked by oscana at 2:00 PM on Dec. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I personally slept how evver I was comfortable, except on my stomach. I was never a person who slept on my stomach much anyway.
    But that is just me. Maybe someone else will have better advice.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 2:03 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• I slept on my stomache until it became kinda uncomfortable, as for the back everything I have read says you can sleep on your back up until the second trimester after that it is not recommended.
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 2:16 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Whatever works for you is just fine at this stage.
    I was told that my left side was best when I was big and preggo
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 2:18 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• How ever u feel comfortable for u they do say sleeping on ur back wont get enough blood flow to ur body but u could as long as u take turns in positions and won't stay long in it!!
    May787

Answer by May787 at 3:14 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Yup, your left side is the best because the pipes feeding the baby are on the other side. And if you lay on your right side, the baby can starve. But this is only when you are heavy pregnant.

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 3:34 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Yes. It only becomes a problem to sleep flat on your back after 13 weeks or so, when the uterus is large and heavy enough to compress the vein that runs through that area. When your body gets to that point, though, it will more than likely no longer be comfortable to sleep that way, anyway. When it gets uncomfortable, something I used to do was wedge a small pillow under one hip to keep my uterus tilted but still feel like I was sleeping comfortably on my back; that's all it takes. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:50 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Lying on your back is not recommended after a certain point because the weight of your uterus can compress the blood vessel that services the lower half of your body, including the baby in utero (so THAT could potentially "starve" the baby). However, before any damage is done, you're likely to get pretty uncomfortable--possibly dizzy, light-headed, things like that, and you can change position to alleviate symptoms and it's ok. Lying on your left side is recommended because your heart is on your left side, and that can somewhat decrease the work load, keeping your blood pressure a bit lower and whatnot. Lying on your right side is not harmful at all, though, especially if you have no problems with blood pressure.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:54 PM on Dec. 26, 2010