my babies dad abuses me what do i do?

i only just relized the yelling the punching holes in walls and stuff was abuse. I dont know what to do i want my baby to have a perfect life and if i leave his father well loose pretty much everything what should i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Nov. 10, 2008 in General Parenting

• You should never stay in a situation where you are not safe including your children. If you feel afraid or unsafe you know what to do. You need to protect your child and yourself. It shouldnt matter if you lose everything if you leave. You can rebuild the life you wish to bring for your baby. Be strong, you now what to do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• You go to a woman's shelter now and they will help you from there! Do not stay.. It will only get worse and progress into him hitting you and the child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• ur baby can live a better life with out all that!! u need to do whats right for the baby and leaving his/her father sounds like the best thing. no one lives a perfect life! a lot of times it turns from holes in the wall to hittin you and then soon the baby. A good mom wants the best for her baby no matter what and in order for ur baby to be happy u have to be happy too! get away from it..
    Anonymous

• Your baby won't have a perfect life if his mommy gets killed by an abusive man. Look up the statistics, they are frightening. For your own sake and for your baby's sake, LEAVE while you still can. Abusive men never get better, only worse. Right now he's punching walls, next it will be you, then it will be you AND maybe the baby. I am not kidding or exaggerating.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 12:12 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• You have to understand that if he is punching holes in the wall he is ver capable of harming you or your kids, If you think his anger is coming close to take it out on you. You need to get out while the getting is good. It is better for your kids to see you strong and single than married with their father weak and battered. You and your kids are worth so much more than that. I would seek help from family and friends. OR if you don't have any family members willing to help you out than I would seek help through a shelter...Also never be fearful of dialing 911 if things get out of hand. You and the kids need to remain safe...
    nyteowl

Answer by nyteowl at 12:16 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Call either or BOTH of these numbers for help getting away from an abuser.

• Battered Women's Justice Project
    Training, technical assistance, and consultation on the most promising practices of the criminal and civil justice system in addressing domestic violence.

• National Domestic Violence Hotline
    1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:46 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• NO MATTER THE AGE UR BABY IS NOT ABOUT MATERIAL THINGS ,AT THIS POINT U NEED TO BE THE PERFECT MOTHER AND GET THAT BABY OUT OF THERE OR THE BABY IS GOIN TO THINK THAT THIS IS WHAT LIFE IS EXPOSE TO BE LIKE AND IT IS NOT HONESTLY LIVIN IN A BTTERED WOMENS SHELTER WOULD MEAN LOVIN UR BABY MORE THAN STAYIN IN THAT HOUSE......
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:28 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Your baby will have a better life if she feels safe and secure. She will never feel that way in a home with so much hostility! I grew up in a house like that and resented my mother for it for years! Because she stayed. There are many resources out there for you. Check out the links and keep yourself and your baby happy!! Good luck!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 10:31 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.