TMI: Would be good to not BD if you have a transverse baby?

This is my second pregnancy and I was wondering if it would be better to not have sex while I have a transverse baby (I'm 37 weeks pregnant). I know this is a weird question, but I would hate to go into labor with a transverse baby. I know sex doesn't mean labor will definitely start, but the past times I have felt more pain (BH?) afterwards. What are your thoughts?

Miss-Baby-Baker

Asked by Miss-Baby-Baker at 2:28 PM on Dec. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• This is a medical question; call your health care practitioner.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:36 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• eh, it wouldnt stop me. As long as your doc didnt give you specific instruction not to have sex, youre good to go. However, choosing not to because you are afraid of going into labor is a valid reason, but it would be a personal choice.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 2:42 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• "Doggy style" might be great, especially if you get contractions from intercourse.
    Could be just what you need to coax baby back into the "hammock" of your belly / anterior.

Crawling on hands and knees after can help with that too~

Don't be too afraid of going into labor with a transverse baby since contractions help turn breech and other non-optimally-positioned babies.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 7:01 PM on Dec. 25, 2010