I Ruined Christmas.......

I managed to ruin Christmas Dinner.

Dh wanted to me make Roast Beef, French Onion soup, Garlic smashed potatoes, Green Beans Almondine for dinner and Chocolate Peppermint Mousse for dessert. The meat he bought was Beef Round Bottom Round Roast according to the label. I had no idea how to cook it.

I guessed at it and got it wrong. I put the meat with salt & pepper in the electric roaster on 350. I check it. It looks done, but it's hard and looks just like leather. I followed the directions for the potatoes even though the recipe looked like it need more water, I just did what it told me to. The potatoes are in the crockpot. They never cooked at all. Completely raw.

I decided to skip the soup and the dessert. Why ruin more food. I haven't started the green beans and have no idea what to do there.

This really sucks. I hate that dh has to have these fancy meals on holidays and I never can get it right. Why can't we have something I know how to cook?

Anonymous5

Asked by Anonymous5 at 3:35 PM on Dec. 25, 2010 in Holidays

• tell him to help you?
    Gen

Answer by Gen at 3:37 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• I tried, he wouldn't
    Anonymous5

Comment by Anonymous5 (original poster) at 3:39 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Why don't you cook something what you like to cook and tell to your daughter than she can cook these amazing foods she wants when she grow up and she can help you out how to cook them:P Mhaw:P
    adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 3:40 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• I'm Sorry! i'm trying to think what you can do to make your Roast more tender but, in the mean time just take the potatoes out of the crock pot & Boil them until they are tender- The only thing i can think of with the Roast is Cut it in Slices & pour some type of Marinade over it & bake for about 20 minutes- You should be able to save your Christmas Dinner! Wishing you lots of luck:)

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 3:42 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• lol he shouldn't plan all these meals if he isn't willing to help :) hm have tried looking how to cook them online or try seeing if anyone knows a good way to do it
    Gen

Answer by Gen at 3:42 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• It's more about being with your family than about the food anyways :).
    isabellem

Answer by isabellem at 3:46 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Potatoes - boil them or cut them into cubes and throw them in the oven for like 25-35 mins.

Meat - what's done is done.

Just steam the beans.

Any cake mixes? Make that for dessert.
    Anonymous

• Next year, you plan the Christmas dinner with the foods you want and you know how to prepare. If he won't help you then he can eat what you make or starve. For your roast, try this link to liven it up. The potatoes you can cook on the stove (crockpots take forever to cook potatoes). Good luck!

http://www.ehow.com/how_5582609_moisten-dry-overcooked-roast.html

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:47 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Well there is always Chinese! Start dialing!
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 3:56 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• you didnt ruin Christmas, some day you will look back and laugh about it. Maybe not today, but someday. We have all done something somewhere along the way to screw up a holiday meal. My family ate almost the whole ham when I was at work yesterday. Now what do I do? lol..
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 4:01 PM on Dec. 25, 2010