how old is too old for a bassanete and move my baby to a crib???

caspers_mommy

Asked by caspers_mommy at 12:06 AM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• when they are able to pull up and sit up. so I would say about 5 or 6m.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 12:10 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• It depends on the baby. My son was a 28 weeker and was not lifting his body up...He would just roll over and make a 360 with his body so he stayed in his bassinette till he was 10 months old. If your baby is lifting her body up off the pad and can crawl, then I would put her in the crib. You don't want her to try to stand up in a bassinette...
    nyteowl

Answer by nyteowl at 12:10 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• it should tell you the amout of pounds it can hold up too i think most are like 10-15 pounds they really just for infant u dont want o put too much weight on those things!but i got my bay both b4 she was born and just used the other one for wen she sleep by my bed it was easier she grew out of it by 2 months lolz good luck hun
    mommiediap

Answer by mommiediap at 12:10 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I'd say somewhere around 4 months. You don't ever want them to sit up in the bassinet, and some babies sit up around 5 months so I say the earlier you make the switch the better. Good Luck
    HeatherM0529

Answer by HeatherM0529 at 12:18 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• It's not so much age as weight and the capabilities of the baby. All bassinets, cribs toddler beds etc give weight limits. If your baby is close to or exceeds the weight limit stop using it, if your child can roll over from stomach to back etc crawl or sit up stop using the bassinet and move to a crib for safety
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 1:11 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Check the weight limit thing for sure, but it's really about when they start moving around too much, ie rolling over, sitting up, etc. My guy is two months old and is really getting too big for it. He can't really stretch out anymore, and is flirting with that weight limit. Hopefully it'll hold out a little while longer, I'm not ready to put him in his own room! :)

When it comes time to move to the crib, I suggest you get him/her started with napping in there, both to get used to the feel and the sight of things. I've been putting my guy in there for naptime and so far so good. I think he'll be just fine come the time to sleep in there, I'm just not ready! :(
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 1:46 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• At 3 months I caught my little one trying to pull himself up on the side and that was the last time he slept in a bassinet.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 8:06 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• THIS QUESTION IS NOT FOR ANY OF US TO AWNSER U ONLY MOVE UR BABY WHEN THEY ARE READY. LIKE MY DAUGHTER SHE WAS MOVED OUT OF THE BASSUNET AT 3 WEEKS B/C SHE FELT CLOSED IN TO ME IT ALL DEPENDS ON UR BABY IF U LISTEN THEY WILL LET U KNOW
    prodmotherof4

Answer by prodmotherof4 at 8:25 AM on Nov. 10, 2008