I feel like a deflated balloon...

I was so excited to give dh his gifts I even had him wait for the best for last...he started to tear the wrapping...I gave him a little wink then BAM!!! The first words out of his mouth...I hate to tell you but these are really bad!

Binaculars with zoom and all the bells and whistles...not cheap.

Talk about the wind being knocked right out of me! I hope I remember this feeling next year! I am not going all out again!

He has since really looked at them and apologized about a hundred times but...oh well I just can not shake the hurt away!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on Dec. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• Damn if my S/O didn't do the same w/a B'Day present last night, in front of my DD & family, I was furious. When they left I said ,"If you don't want or like something, have the deciency to wait until we are alone." Oh, I looked it over and it's nicerthan I thought and I'll keep it."The damage was one, and I bet he won't do that to me again. He said his buddy had one and it, (a wine aeriator,) and the wine went everywhere. Well after he looked it was totally different, he has since used it and loves it. Damaged DONE yesterday, sorry.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 4:23 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Yeah thats hard. To think that you have bought something for someone that they are really going to like and then. Wham. No !!! Next year ask him for exactly what he wants and get him that nothing more nothing less
    NE1outthere

Answer by NE1outthere at 4:04 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• ok, so shake it off and get on with the day. Or else all your going to have is this one situation to be miserable off of. DId you save the receipt? Can you return it and let him pick out what he wants instead? Your pride is hurt, you thought you had the perfect gift. So, its not the perfect gift. It happens to all of us. Since he has apologized a million times, cut him some slack and get on with it. Its not fair of you to hold onto it like this, not fair to him and not fair to the family. I mean that with love and not meaness, if I was with you thats what I would tell you,,
    Anonymous

• It's tough. Hopefully he's learned to think before he speaks.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 4:54 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• hugsI had that happen 2 yrs ago. That just stinks.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:27 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• im sorry mama but i hope your evening gets better
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 8:30 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• His first initial reaction really got to you. If he's apologized since then, he finally realized that he was wrong after what he already said. Be thankful he apologized, most men won't do that.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:15 AM on Dec. 26, 2010