Is really a job online to make money that is not a scam?

I have some college education and don't want to pay a start-up fee. I live in a crappy small town where there is no opportunity to better yourself.

devus75

Asked by devus75 at 4:08 PM on Dec. 25, 2010 in Money & Work

• All are scams, run for the hills if you see any small start up fee. A job that pays you, not the other way around.

sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 4:12 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• There are legit online jobs out there. However, for every one job open, there are literally thousands of applicants. Are you interested in call center/customer service type of positions? I know that Convergys is always hiring. In my town, Spint also hires. I actually blog about work at home ideas and opportunities. If you'd like to check that out, you can at Mavi's Home Work.   

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:46 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with medical billing), I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:30 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Yes of course, HOMECAREERSUCCESS.COM has a HUGE listof those jobs, places like American Airlines, Jet Ble, Uhual etc...

Happy hunting.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 9:43 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• There are actually legit online jobs... but most don't pay very much at all. Never pay a start up fee and remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it is. No one gets rich working just three hours a week from home...
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 9:45 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I agree with Erica_Smerica.....there are legit online jobs and that no one gets rich by just working a few hours a week from home.

I actually started an online job working at home. There are no start up costs for the business, you can work as much/little as you want; however, your checks depend on how much you work. I really worked hard and I have definitely seen the payoff in my paycheck as has others. It is not a MLM company so there are no stocks, parties, or selling products. I'm passionate on going green & saving money and that is what the company I work for promotes. This is something that is important to me and I have a drive to help others to go green & save money while earning an income. Before this opportunity, I, like many others didn't believe there was an legit work from home jobs, however, I have been blessed to find this opportunity and it is a great fit for our family.
    greensavvymama

Answer by greensavvymama at 11:28 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I am a stay at home Mommy to my 3 year old son, and 22 month old daughter. I work with a great team of Moms; we help each other create income from home. No parties, No inventory! Free website, training, and unlimited support!!
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!

Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Helping MOMS Work from Home since 1999!

Visit my website:
    www.OurCEOMom.com

Get to know our Team on Facebook: www.LikeInternetCEOMoms.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 2:19 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Telecommuting.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:00 PM on Dec. 27, 2010