Is really a job online to make money that is not a scam?

I have some college education and don't want to pay a start-up fee. I live in a crappy small town where there is no opportunity to better yourself.

Asked by devus75 at 4:08 PM on Dec. 25, 2010 in Money & Work

• All are scams, run for the hills if you see any small start up fee. A job that pays you, not the other way around.

Answer by sexyfancyface at 4:12 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• There are legit online jobs out there. However, for every one job open, there are literally thousands of applicants. Are you interested in call center/customer service type of positions? I know that Convergys is always hiring. In my town, Spint also hires. I actually blog about work at home ideas and opportunities. If you'd like to check that out, you can at Mavi's Home Work.   

Answer by m-avi at 4:46 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to,, ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with medical billing), I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:30 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Yes of course, HOMECAREERSUCCESS.COM has a HUGE listof those jobs, places like American Airlines, Jet Ble, Uhual etc...

Happy hunting.

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 9:43 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• There are actually legit online jobs... but most don't pay very much at all. Never pay a start up fee and remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it is. No one gets rich working just three hours a week from home...

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 9:45 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I agree with Erica_Smerica.....there are legit online jobs and that no one gets rich by just working a few hours a week from home.

I actually started an online job working at home. There are no start up costs for the business, you can work as much/little as you want; however, your checks depend on how much you work. I really worked hard and I have definitely seen the payoff in my paycheck as has others. It is not a MLM company so there are no stocks, parties, or selling products. I'm passionate on going green & saving money and that is what the company I work for promotes. This is something that is important to me and I have a drive to help others to go green & save money while earning an income. Before this opportunity, I, like many others didn't believe there was an legit work from home jobs, however, I have been blessed to find this opportunity and it is a great fit for our family.

Answer by greensavvymama at 11:28 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I am a stay at home Mommy to my 3 year old son, and 22 month old daughter. I work with a great team of Moms; we help each other create income from home. No parties, No inventory! Free website, training, and unlimited support!!
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!

Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Helping MOMS Work from Home since 1999!

Visit my website:

Get to know our Team on Facebook:

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 2:19 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Telecommuting.

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:00 PM on Dec. 27, 2010