ack...I officially start a new job tomorrow...I can do this.....I can do this....

I've been a sahm for over 2 years. We've had some financial struggles so I applied for a job and got it! Thankfully I'll only be working nights, 5 days a week, SO will be home with DS. Training was tough because it was during the day for 8 hours (mon-thurs). That was REALLY hard because ds was watched by a friend and we havent been separated that long ever before. But bleh...I officially start working.....tomorrow. Gotta be there at 4. I'm so nervous. I'm going back to work. Corporate America. This is such a major change and out of my comfort zone. Wish me luck everyone! anyone else ever been through this? how long did it take for you to adjust? I'll be working at a home depot distribution center.

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 6:11 PM on Dec. 25, 2010 in Money & Work

• If you can have a child and raise it, you can do this.

the hardest part will be being away from your little one. Good luck and congrats!
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:13 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• I have become such a homebody which is why I'm all out of my comfort zone. I feel like going to that workplace and having a boss, having supervisors, responsibilities......sahm's really are "pampered"! I'll still do my homemaker thing while not at work of course, but man I really appreciate being able to have experienced being a FT sahm. It wont be that bad, 5 hour nights, weekends and major holidays off (unless posted)...hey that's less debt, less late fees/bills !!! I can have adult interaction! With such a high volume job I'll losr some weight! lol
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 6:17 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• shoutinggood luck

vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 6:17 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Well done:) You can do it:) If you will like your job than it will be easier. I hope everything will be fine:)
    adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 6:17 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Good For U!!! Another female in the workforce!!!! yeah!!! What kind of job is it?
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 6:20 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• You will do wonderful! Congrats on getting a job. I just started working full time after being a SAHM for 5 years. I had my father die and then a week later I went back to work. The first few weeks were exhausting. Good luck and enjoy! I don't know if I even want to go back to being a SAHM once my contract with the DOL expires. I think I will look for another contract. It's going to be fine! It will feel weird at first, but once you start you will love it!
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 6:21 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• @dancer I work at a home depot distribution center. Technically it's a "rapid deployment center". the merchandise arrives and leaves for the stores in 72 hours (the warehouse is feakin huuuuuuuuge). So it'll be a very high volume job.
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 6:27 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Yay!!!!!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:28 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• You will love having the opportunity to be yourself again, not someone's spouse or someone's mom.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:29 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• rkoloms: you are so right on. I love being a homemaker, I love being a mom, but it really consumed me. I mean my intelligence has repressed a little bit and taken over by thomas and friends, I havent been very social lately, just my playdate friends which is nice but still....a bit boring after a while. I enjoyed the interaction I faced while training at the job. It was a good start and I imagine will get better. And even if this job just isnt for me, at least I put my foot in the door!
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 6:35 PM on Dec. 25, 2010