How much would you pay for someone to deal with your kids lice?

Ok so my daughter caught lice and i spent my entire chrismas day treating not only her hair but my husbands and my own. I wondered if there was anyone out there who had thought to make it a business. Turns out there is, the hair fairies. But they want 300 bucks for 3 treatments and they use there own products. But who has that kind of cash? So the question is if you had a choice to pay 50 bucks a treatment with the store bought stuff and someone else does all the work or 300 and they use their own treatments...which would you choose?

mamatobe1989

Asked by mamatobe1989 at 6:27 PM on Dec. 25, 2010 in Health

• I'd do it myself since I've never had to pay that much per treatment.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:28 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Do it myself. It's a pain in the butt but not THAT much of a pain in the butt.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:29 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Heck, I work at a preK. If I can make $50 on the side, wow!!!!
    Anonymous

• Is that $300 per person 3 teretments? Or $300 for 3 people 1 treatment each?

Answer by louise2 at 6:39 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• I have thought about doing it for a business too. That sounds a little steep, but think about the hours they are putting in and the fact that the treatments are not cheap. Also, do you go to them or do they come to you? Having a shop that only gets used once in a while would be a big exense, but I would not want to risk my own kids getting lice by doing it in my home.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:00 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Not in home...we have a spare studio apartment that I can use...I wasn't thinking about doing home visits but its a good ideal if not a little risky these days. and the studio is decent sized, has a bathroom and I can get the rent for around 200 a month (we manage the apartments here and get ours cheaper for it.)
    mamatobe1989

Comment by mamatobe1989 (original poster) at 8:21 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• I would pay any amount.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:16 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• I just do it myself. It's gross and I have done it, but..then again now that you mention it, I would pay someone. I would seriously pay what they asked me. If it was $400 to go through those impossibly thick locks and get all the nits out and lice, I would happily fork that cash over.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:48 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Id just do it myself.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:55 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I wouldn't pay, I'd do it myself. I saw someone on here mention a Lice Lady once, too. Isn't that the worst name ever?! Haha!
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 10:45 PM on Dec. 26, 2010