Is it worth it to drive 3 hours 1 way to see Elmo Live?

I really want to take my 3 year old to see this show but is it worth the drive? This is the closest that they are going to be to me.

Shawndra_c

Asked by Shawndra_c at 12:18 AM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Nope not worth it. She/he wont remember it in a few years. But if its what you want to do. Then go for it! Especially if you already mentioned it to her/him, now you have to! Yah know how kids are.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• If you were your 3 y.o and LOVED Elmo like most kids that age do, would it be worth it to you? I say it's worth it for the kids sake. If you cant stand the idea of a drive that long, but the child a new Elmo DVD or VCR tape to watch.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:42 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• WHERE IS IT??!!! I will drive. My LO would love it!
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 12:43 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• i think its worth seeing elmo live,and they will remember it,my girl is 4 and can remember seeing elmo live when she was 2,she used to call him homo,lol thats cause she couldnt say elmo.kids love to grow up thinking they had fond memorys when they were little
    cruizymum

Answer by cruizymum at 3:31 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• If it's worth it to you, and your kid loves Elmo, why not.
    The things to consider are how your 3 year old will withstand the 3 hour trip there. When you get to the show, will your child be grumpy? You have to remember that 3 hours is a long ride for a child that age. If they sleep through it though, that usually is a big help.

Also, do you really want to do this because your child loves Elmo so much, or for you? Not because you love Elmo a lot, but because it's exciting and something you want for your child. If your child is bugging you to see Elmo, then chances are it's because of the child you want to go.
    LisaAC

Answer by LisaAC at 7:25 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• YES YES YES.. We went once and my son still talks about it. It is best if you have good seats where they actually see the charecters.
    babymama322

Answer by babymama322 at 11:34 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• It depends. My dd loves the Doodlebops and since they are based in Australia, we were actually thinking about planning a summer vacation around the Doodlebops. I think too often children are placed second and to make them first makes them know they are all the more special.
    MommaDes

Answer by MommaDes at 2:59 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Yes...the look on my son's face throughout the show was a complete look of awe and just priceless. He still talks about how he got to see Elmo and how Baby Bear shook his hand (we had seats right next to the stage). Just make the car trip a fun adventure...
    mrsscip

Answer by mrsscip at 10:01 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I think there is a chance a 3 yr old can remember this!! My DD is only 2 & we are taking her this week. I am so excited. I havent ever been to anything like this either. lol.. but I cant wait to see her face. even if she forgets about it, I will always remember it! And we will have a great memory & lots of pictures to look back on!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:59 AM on Feb. 1, 2009