so.. how long did it take ya (if you've already tackled the job today) to put all the new stuff away?

about 2 hours here. im so thankful my mom asked to keep my 4 and 2 year old tonight, after we left her house we just had our 11 month old so that made it really easy to put all the new toys and stuff away. of course taking them out of the boxes took longest, i swear it annoys me every year, are they worried Dora or Barbie is going to escape from the package or something!? well, atleast it's done, now when they come home tomorrow they can destroy my house with all their new toys :)

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 6:49 PM on Dec. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It took two hours to rearrange my DD's bedroom to find a place for her art easel. And she was worried that she would never get to sketch with her hew pencils if we did not hurry up.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 7:00 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• ....Ummmm put them away? Like the first time, the second time, or the fifth time? LOL. My kids have all their stuff scattered everywhere! I swear I have cleaned it up a dozen times today!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 7:14 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• We don't "put it away" for a couple of days. We have Christmas in the 'man cave', so all the stuff in contained there. We spend time just enjoying the stuff for a few days. We love to have Christmas spend a few days.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:26 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• About 5 minutes here, an easy job!
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 6:53 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Idaspida. We got our daughter a new easel too!
    We still haven't even started putting away. I'm workiing on recovering my kitchen from daddy and Em making her cookie house last night. Which was a huge mess. Sugar Cookie covered in butterscotch cream cheese icing (mom experimented with not using traditional vanilla) and then cnady and daddy let her top the whole thing with a dusting of fresh snow, powder sugar.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 7:15 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Put about 75% of it away. The kids toys are basically still out and I have to clean the livingroom because I took out 3 bags of wrapping paper and keep finding more. I think its multiplying lol. Ill hit the livingroom hard tomorrow. Its snowing here so nothing else to do tomorrow but that anyway.

Answer by gemgem at 7:24 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• We got our older daughter (16) and easel too. She got a complete art kit and arranged it all herself. Really it just took me telling the kids to take their stuff to their rooms - they are old enough to gather it all and put it away.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:50 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• My dh put it all away today. Took him about an hour. I had sprained my ankle yesterday by falling off a 4-wheeler and then getting ran over by the 4-wheeler.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:40 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Not long. We put the DVDs and video games into our holders and recycled the packaging. We told the kids to put the rest of their stuff away, and it took us about half an hour to take down the tree and decorations and vacuum.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:30 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• My hubby did it :) so only about 10 minutes. He's fast!
    Averylee85

Answer by Averylee85 at 2:38 AM on Dec. 26, 2010