I can't be a mother anymore.

Today I just feel as if I can't be a mother anymore. What do I do to make it better?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Relationships

• Take a step back and breath. Why can't you be a mother anymore? I feel that way sometimes maybe you need a you day to charge your mommy batteries! Ask you DH/SO or parents to watch the kids and get away a while Good Luck if you need to talk write me!
    =)
    Beccah2

Answer by Beccah2 at 12:24 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• GO GET HELP, seriously....You are a mother whether you like to be or not....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I think everyone gets to that point. I am sure that June Cleaver had days where she thought she was done. Take a break if you can. If the break doesn't help, perhaps talk to your doctor about medication to help level out your moods so you can handle the ups and downs of daily life without the panic? Good luck honey!
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 12:28 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Take a break, go out with friends have an adult conversation, have a laugh-it really does change your mood an outlook. I've felt the same exact way as you it does pass some days or weeks are worse than others.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Well, that was just rude! She just wants a little boost from us moms. Anyway, I know how you feel. Some days are just more overwhelming than others. I agree with Beccah take a step back and a day or two off. It's going to be okay. :) I think that every normal woman has wanted to throw her hands in the air and walk away on occasions. Be it a screaming 2 yr old or a rebelling 17 yr old kids are tough. We hang in there because we love them and they need us. You'll find that second wind, and when you do give the kids a big hug and kiss. Good luck!

chupachyps

Answer by chupachyps at 12:36 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Thats what I do! =)
    That is what INL are for HA!
    Beccah2

Answer by Beccah2 at 12:42 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Take a break. Go stay in a hotel by yourself for a night or two.

You deserve it
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 12:42 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• being a mom to our kids is like any other relationship...There will be bumps in the road, yes ups and downs! Tough it out the way you would your marriage or dealing with your bff....or any family member.
    Find someone to talk to, take a walk..there have been times I wanted to give up so i would put my son in the stroller and walk, walk, walk til I blew off enough steam to go home.
    Also you could be depressed, see your dr and find out. You are the pillar of your kids' lives and their whole world! you need to get to the bottom of things and fast!..Good Luck!!
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:45 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• If you've never had depression before.. it sounds like you may have it now. Being a Mom it's SO easy to fall prey to depression -- lack of sleep is a big culprit. Make sure you're getting enough sleep. If you stay home, take naps when the kids do. If you work, go to bed after you put the kids down. Also, make sure you're getting time for you. I've recommended this to other Moms because I believe it helps -- remember the person you were before you were a Mom. What do you enjoy? Photography? Art? Working out? Long walks? Parks? Make time for you and those things that made you happy before your kids. You're more then a Mom, a Mom is just a wonderful addition to the same person you were before having kids.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 1:47 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Consider joining the YMCA or a local rec center with childcare. These are usually cheap - and give you an easy break from your kids, with the side bonus of exercise! Endorphins make you feel better about your body/life and you get to work out the stress from the day. If this doesn't help -- please do mention your feelings to a doctor. This could be chemical depression, which is very common right after childbirth but can happen at other times. Don't let yourself feel miserable when there is help. Good luck Mom!
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 1:48 AM on Nov. 10, 2008