how do I tell the teens about the real ages of those celebs?

I know they think these celebs are in the media as ''the age that they say'' and most aren't close to it. I know 7 of them that are double the age the media is claiming they are. It's pretty wrong of them to use this as a way of keeping stability in the work world, and get away with it. I try to let it just roll off like water on a ducks back, still it's like I don't want to hurt the innocence of those listening at such a young age.

Do you think they should know the truth?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:22 PM on Dec. 25, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• they are teens, i'm sure they could handle that news!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 7:23 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• What celebs are you talking about?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:23 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• hahaah yeah i'm also curious...which celebs?
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 7:26 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• I really can't mention any of them, it's not like I'm out to blab it all over the internet, like anyone is going to believe the truth, if it's truth, or why it's covered over, and all that. That is the game they play, I just don't know why they do it. Maybe it's their own reality of how far they are going to go and that's it. Like wanting to be rich and in the limelight forever and ever. AMEN
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:27 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• I know that the brother on Hannah Montana is actually in his 30's .. but I think that is common knowledge online.. is that kinda what you mean?

I'm sure as teenagers they could handle it.. but they're your kids...i never really had a crush or strong interest in teen stars when I was one..maybe its cuz i didn't have TV lol
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 7:33 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• umm... I don't really have any interest in how old any of the 'stars' are. It's not really that critical in the grand scheme of things.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:35 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• it's actually pretty common that older people play "teens" it's been happening forever, james dead was older and playing a younger person and the fonze for sure wasn't no 16! lmfao. i always knew that the people i idolized were a lot older than i was when i was a teen. leo was teen years my senior+ and johnny could be my father. i don't think it matters to anyone what age they are as long as they are good at what they do.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 7:37 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Why does it matter how older they are?

Answer by louise2 at 7:45 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• If they comment on it then I would say something other wise I would just leave it alone. They'll probably find out anyways eventually and then you won't have had to tell them at all.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 8:04 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• It doesn't matter. Teens are idolizing these singers mostly as what they see themselves as becoming, so it's a good starter for anyone aspiring to sing, just I don't believe in lying to them that as the media states them to be this or that --NOW, like promoting that lying is okay. It will be like they are using the youth in them as the :"sell '' not the genuine breath that makes them special. I've seen a bunch of negative remarks on some of the singers and it isn't what I'd want to promote either. I like to listen to truth for good, not for a crutch or exploited motives to make a dollar just to write a song. Any song that's like this is no good, so it pays to pick what we listen to.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:07 PM on Dec. 25, 2010