Non smokers.. can you spend time in a house of a smoker (that smokes in the house)

my MIL's new boyfriend smokes in her house, it smelled so bad, we walked in and made some excuse to leave right away. I hate the smell of smoke, but more importantly my 3 year old has asthma so that would not be good for her either.

Bubbie0809

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 8:09 PM on Dec. 25, 2010 in Home & Garden

• No, we won't go over to certain families houses because of the smoke. It's gross, the toddlers get into their ash trays, and it just wreaks of old smoke. Then you have to wash you clothes and hair to get the smell off. Second hand smoke goes in the lungs, exhaled out anything that that person has is now in air for all to share. Heeby Jeebies, if you couldn't tell. LOL
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:17 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• No. I will walk out too

Answer by admckenzie at 8:10 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• No I can't stand being in a house or car of a smoker- and I used to smoke! (3 years "clean") I especially don't like my kids around smoke. I just hate it. Can't believe I used to do it!
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 8:27 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• I deal with this all the time, with dh family...I refuse too anymore!! My son has asthma too!!!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:14 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• I smoke and I don't want to go someone's house where they smoke inside. UGH!! I wish those that smoke in the house would clean just ONE of their walls to give them idea of how EVERYTHING else in the house looks and smells.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 8:23 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• I work in a bar, where they still allow people to smoke. I hate it. Some guy the other day turned and started talking to me while smoke was billowing out of his mouth and I cut him off and said "Are you serious? You couldn't blow that shit out of your mouth BEFORE you started talking to me?" I am a prior smoker but I have always hated second hand smoke. And I will not, even when I did smoke, go to someone's house who smokes inside. I will not subject my children to that.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 8:25 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• i can** that doesn't mean I like to. And if I do I come home go straight to the shower and then wash my clothes. That smoke gets everywhere and it makes me ill.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:31 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• No i would leave to as my 20month old has severe ashma and the smallest of things set him off.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 8:24 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Sure. My DH & BIL both smoke. Although they tend to only smoke in the basement or outside it's never bothered me when they smoke around me. I love the smell of nicotine and was a smoker for many years... Honestly I would miss the smell if it were ever gone!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:32 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• My husband and I are both allergic, so no, we wouldn't stay.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 8:47 PM on Dec. 25, 2010