What about me says "buy me a statement bag?"

I don't carry a purse. At all. Ever.

Except for every year for three weeks after Christmas when I carry whatever giant bag some well meaning relative buys me. And yes, I'm posting this anonymously because I don't want someone to read it and be upset.

But jeez. This years bag is the size of a suitcase and GOLD. not only do I hate purses of any kind, but I CANNOT STAND GOLD. And this one screams "I want to be Paris Hilton! Come video tape me naked!"

I wear plain jeans, Vneck tops, no jewelry, and very little make up. Why must I now walk around for almost a month with a bag that looks like an elephant got spray painted gold and attached itself to my butt?

Rant over. Thanks for listening

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:17 PM on Dec. 25, 2010 in Holidays

• Lol awesome. Re gift.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 8:20 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• I know your are frustrated and venting. But at least the person made an effort. A poor effort. There are so many people who didn't get anything.

Maybe if you didn't use it at all the person would get the hint. And better yet it can be his or her present next year; well, at least the gift bag.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:26 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Ya know, people don't have to give gifts at all. Maybe they didn't know you don't carry a purse. Some people aren't the greatest in the gift department, but their heart is in the right place. Be happy someone thought of you. That's what I tell myself if I get a weird gift.

Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:27 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• I hear ya. For me it used to be people buying me gaudy jewelry. I've always been a post earring and wedding ring only kind of gal. My family used to buy me the nastiest rings and necklaces. When I never wore them,they'd get pissed! I'm allergic to anything that isn't sterling silver or gold,and this stuff made my skin turn green!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:41 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• I get dresses even though I never wear them and they are so ugly it creeps me out I wear them once then donate them.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:46 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• If you truly dislike the bag, then why use it at all? Why not ask if you can please return it for something more to your liking? If you don't want to ask for a gift receipt so that you can return it or don't want to tell the person you hate it, then quietly donate or freecycle it to someone who would enjoy it. You didn't pay for it, and if you give it to someone who does love it & will use it, the gift does not go to waste.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:38 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• LMAO. Well at least you were nice enough to post anonymously. Don't carry it though if you hate it. I would just hang on to it for a month or two and when the gift-giver asks you why you haven't used it explain it isn't really your style and big bags hurt your shoulders, or some other reason. Or spray-paint it a different color and then re-gift it next year. That would be some funny $**t.
    1bizzymommy

Answer by 1bizzymommy at 12:52 AM on Dec. 26, 2010