What do you do when your family buys your child too may toys?

They're everywhere! Do you get rid of old ones?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 PM on Dec. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• You could get rid of some of the older toys that your child(ren) don't play with anymore. You could also put some of the toys away in plastic tubs and rotate them out every few months.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:02 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• we just put away the old toys for a while and when they get bored with what was new we rotate them back in. i dont get rid of them but thats cuz iv got two boys and a third on the way so might as well keep them.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 9:03 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• We went though my DD's toy box at the beginning of the month and donated to the Salvation Army. We also bought a few toys for the toy bin they have at the market.
    But my DD only had nine gifts all together. four from outside family and five from us.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 9:04 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Also, if you got any new ones that your child may not even notice or play with, put them away (still in their packaging) and save them to re-gift or donate to Toys for Tots.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:05 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Yes, donate.

sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 9:08 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• That was a real issue when the kids were a bit younger. They would get tons of HUGE toys that took up a bunch of room. Or noisy toys. We ended up donating a lot of the ones the kids weren't interested in, or donating the old ones.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:15 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• I wish I had that problem.....

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:28 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• My MIL is annoying and buys tons of crap for them. I cant stand it. I feel like the amount of crap she gives them makes them not appreciate what they get from others and santa. I wish she would just buy them 1 or 2 things a piece, not 20. why so much stuff???? I do put alot up and regift. (I have asked her to not spend so much on them, but she does anyways....)
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 9:44 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• put them up or throw out some old toys that they dont use or you dont like...
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 9:49 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• I give the old ones to Goodwill or something.
    CalebsMommy0220

Answer by CalebsMommy0220 at 11:03 PM on Dec. 25, 2010