Is it bad

Is it bad that my son have his own bed but dnt sleep in it

poobaby

Asked by poobaby at 12:41 AM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He sure wouldn't be the first. If you want him to sleep in it, you have to be consistant when placing him back in his bed at night or during naptime. Just keep placing him in there, he'll catch on eventually.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:43 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• my daughter has her own bed 2, but she wants 2 sleep wit me,.
    xkrystals.momx

Answer by xkrystals.momx at 12:44 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• My daughter is 5 and sleeps on one of those little Dora couches in my floor. She has her own room with a bed in it all made up the way she wants. We even went out and got a tent and sleeping bag thinking that because she loves to camp, she might sleep in that. NOPE! SHe wants in my bed, but I tell her absolutely not. She always crys half the night if I make her go to her bed tho, so for now, the couch is it.
    crazybeautifulh

Answer by crazybeautifulh at 12:45 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• dont feel bad,my son was the same,all i did was had very little sleep,alot of patience and heartache listening to him cry for me nite after nite hurt but by being consistent on putting your wee one down at naptime and bedtime helped and now he loves his bed.i wouldnt worry,be strong and say no its bedtime in your bed not mine when you first put wee one down,if he gets out,put him back into his bed,make no sound and no eye contact as this is all he wants is a reaction from you too give in,and keep doing that each time he gets out,ignore the cry or excuses why he wants you.it will be hard i know and im here if you need it.be strong

cruizymum

Answer by cruizymum at 3:14 AM on Nov. 10, 2008