Stay at home mom's? What do you do to bring in extra money when the family need a little extra help?

Just curious to see what others are out there doing to bring in an extra income when the family needs help or you just need extra money to shop with?

I live in Aurora, Colorado & i currently provide child care for other single parents at an affordable price, & do hair to bring in extra money. :-)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Dec. 25, 2010 in Money & Work

• i clean part time. I put an ad up online and people started calling and I started getting referrals. It actually got too big too fast so I took my ad down and scaled back. I love that I can help with our family finances. I also love that it is a flexible schedule and that I am the one that controls it.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 10:13 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I've been a SAHM for almost 11 years and I've never done anything to bring in extra money. I haven't earned any money since I quit my job in March 2000 (before my oldest was born). We've always gotten by on what my husband makes and his money is our money.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:44 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• I sell on ebay
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:41 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Started my own business & online stores. I sell Cookies, Brownies, Cobblers, Perfume/Cologne oils, hand dipped incense, hand made lotions & bath gels, hand made soaps, hand made jewelry, baby gift sets and lots more!
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 10:17 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• I do book keeping and other paper work. I also do dispatch for a friend.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 9:40 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• I sell on craigslist - clothes the kids have outgrown and toys they no longer play with. I haven't done it often, but it was nice to have a little extra money for Christmas.

Answer by missanc at 9:54 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• I used to freelance write, and cooked for photo shoots for our local newspaper, now I teach sewing lessons, and since all of my boys are finally in college, I plan on trying to get back into freelance writing.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:05 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• I run a web design service, sell things on my website and am currently writing a book that came about from one of my sites.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:26 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• I babysit or I sell stuff around the house that we don't need anymore. I don't sell on ebay though, no sense in paying fees when you can just sell on craigslist :)
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:15 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Congratulations to all of you who have found ways to supplement the family income while raising your family. Doing this not only helps now, but the experience will help in the future when you are ready to join the workforce full time.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 7:15 PM on Dec. 26, 2010