Merina *spelling IUD Question.

I got my IUD oct. 28th and Nov. 1st I started to spot then Nov. 8th I started aunt flo. Has this happend to anyone else. It is horrible that I have had aunt flo for over a week when normally It only lasts 4 days.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Health

• Ive never had it. but a friend does... You will never know when you are going to spot, or have a period. Merina is not known for giving you a regular period.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• You will spot for up to 12 weeks after it's inserted. I spotted for about 3 months and haven't had a period since then. It's been over a year now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:14 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I was told that I could spot up to twelve weeks when I got mine, I was lucky though and only spotted for a few days. My sister spotted/bled for almost four months when she got hers though, she has been period free for almost a year now.
    Anonymous

• when i got mine it spotted and then had sparatic periods. i ended up getting it removed after about 4 months because as my husband put it " i was not acting right" i ended up being really sensitive to the hormones in it. i think periods and merina vary with each person.
    Anonymous