LCD TV questions. help!

Okay, so my husband and I are going to buy an lcd tv...we have the old school box kind..and dont know much about the 'newer' tvs AT ALL. So, my question is...what brands are good..and resonably priced...and what else should I look for when buying a good tv? We want a 32"..and want to stay in the $300 range...please help! Thanks!

LoveMyKids0203

Asked by LoveMyKids0203 at 10:09 PM on Dec. 25, 2010 in Shopping

• Look online, get reviews! I know Samsungs are really good. I believe the picture you want is 1080.
    Sarahe786

Answer by Sarahe786 at 10:11 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• We just bought a VIZIO and love it.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:15 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Vizio is rated the best. We have a Sharp Aquos, a Samsung, and a Panasonic and they are all fantastic.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:36 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Samsung or a Sony Toshiba's are good too
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 11:57 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Go to Best Buy website and you can do a side by side comparison of different models and brands.

Toshiba's are FANTASTIC. As much as I love Sony products, STAY AWAY from SONY TVs. We've had three Sony TVs and every one of them have stopped working within a year or two after purchase. The Toshiba we have, bought at the same time as the last Sony LCD we bought, is still working. The Sony LCD was replaced twice, still had problems and finally died about 2 months ago. It was three years old.

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 12:04 PM on Dec. 26, 2010