Nursing ??? adult content

Since I'm nursing haven't had a monthly cycle the whole time with my last child (BTW.. til she was 2yrs),, Now also with this one he is 8 months now... Any one has this same thing happens while they nurse???

Also do you use BC??? Which one???

Cynt1020

Asked by Cynt1020 at 10:37 PM on Dec. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• That is normal, call it God's gift for breastfeeding your child lol. I didn't get mine till me dd was 13 months (that was nice not getting it for that long) . If you go on birth control and breastfeed, it has to be a low dose one (not as effective and you have to take it EXACTLY the same time every day or it is useless). Your doctor will prescibe you one, make sure he/she knows you are breastfeeding.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 11:52 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• This is normal. I haven't gotten my period yet and I breast fed for 4 months. (DS is 10 months old) I am also on Paraguard, the 10 year IUD.
    CalebsMommy0220

Answer by CalebsMommy0220 at 11:00 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• I didn't have a period until ds was almost one. I'm nursing my 3 month old dd and still haven't had a period. I love breastfeeding, and love the fact that i don't get my monthly "gift".

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 11:55 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• it s been one year now, im still nursing.i use mini pills they r light and recommanded for nursing moms
    Imane1215

Answer by Imane1215 at 12:00 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I nursed until my son was 12 months old. I got my period when he was 10 months old. I didn't use birth control. He's now 15 months old and I'm pregnant with #2. :)
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 12:31 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• It is very normal for nursing mothers to not get there period till they are done nursing or once baby starts to eat more food. With my first it was 6 months and my second 9 months. We will see how long this time. I never use pills. We use a diaphragm.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:08 AM on Dec. 26, 2010