Pay for food with foodstamp and pay cash for playstation?

anyone ever done that. i seen it at walmart this. awesome. my taxes hard at work!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 PM on Dec. 25, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• At least they're buying something for a child. What makes me mad is to see a woman all dressed up, beautiful nails and hair colored and fixed perfectly, expensive clothes, with a couple of kids who look like ragamuffins, paying for food with foodstamps, and buying beer and cigarettes. That frosts me.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 7:32 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I used my cash for a Wii for my son...money that I saved up for over a year and used foodstamps for food. I also pay taxes out of every paycheck. Really, it's not your business. How do you know that someone else didn't give the person the money for the game systems as a present? Never assume that you know what is going on in someone else's life. That person could also be a foster parent.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:49 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• I'm so tired of the "people who get any sort of assistance, they shouldn't enjoy anything" get up. Like it's a punishment to be poor or something.
    Yes, people take advantage.
    Others may have been given the money by a family member, or saved the money.
    Can you tell which one it is by looking at them in a check out lane?? NO
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:52 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Do people seriously pay that much attention to the person in front of them? I guess I'm just not that nosy.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:01 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Fact is tax dollars ARE NOT used for assistance programs!

Do we have foodstamp trees?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:54 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Ahh nothing says Merry Christmas like a nosey, judgmental post such as this one.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 11:12 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Did you chase them down and demand they return to you the quarter of a cent of your tax money that went towards their food stamps?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:22 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Do you know that food stamps are given to foster families who take in needy children? Should their own children not get Christmas gifts because they receive help paying for someone else's?

Yes, there is fraud in the systems. But sometimes there are logical explanations for things that look off to us.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:22 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Back when hubby and I were making a package of ramen noodles last 2 meals and saving up for a house and new car, food stamps weren't an option, and a playstation wasn't going to help our family succeed in the future. To each their own, I have no regrets for our priorities, goals and focus on our long term future!!!
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:55 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Never seen it personally, but then again I wouldn't know what paying for food with foodstamps looks like. I don't often pay attention to how other people are paying for their goods.

I don't doubt it happens though.

Just a quick heads up, you will have people calling you a hater because you are pointing out the obvious (that there is fraud in PA entitlement programs).

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:48 PM on Dec. 25, 2010