Was your Christmas everything you thought it would be?

My Christmas was amazing with my family and chilren but with my husband was HORRIBLE.. I was soo overwhelmed last night with joy for the excitement of having our first Christmas together as a family (all four of us.. married in June .. Me, Husband, My daughter (practically his too), and our son (new addition) ), in our home (1st time not at my parents house) etc etc.. just to wake up this morning tooo a HUGGGGGGGGGGGE disappointment.. it started off horrible and just kept going.. i was hoping that today of all days my husband would wake up in a cheerful mood, ready to see our daughters face (she's 3) and do all the fun activities of Christmas with the family... but it didnt he was grumpy and didnt even stay the whoooole time she was opening presents.. he went outside to smoke while me and my parents palyed with her an dhelped her open more gifts... it just wasnt what i thought it would be at all..

Hope your Christmas was spectacular

Ross2010

Asked by Ross2010 at 10:50 PM on Dec. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• I'm sorry your Christmas didn't go as you'd intended. Mine was similiar in a way, but not as intense. My family (parents, siblings, etc) is all across the country so I've been quite emotional- and this was our first Christmas as a family, and I ended up watching a movie alone while our daughter napped so my SO could go pick up a couch he wanted to buy off craigslist. Not my idea of Christmas, but I have family in tomorrow so I know things will change. Good luck and hope you're vacation, if you have one with your DH, goes well :)
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 11:21 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• And then some! We were dreading it because it marks one month since my father was killed in a car accident. But instead of it being doom and gloom, we were happy today. Life does indeed go on.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:54 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• mine was better than expected. spent time with friends and had a great time.
    tortkey

Answer by tortkey at 11:01 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• It was everything and more. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:08 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Had a great day~~was with my family and enjoyed watching my grandaughter open her presents.
    Carolannie

Answer by Carolannie at 11:10 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Mine was awesome! SO and I had our first Christmas in our own home this year as well. And our dd is only 19mmonths, so it was really fun this year. I hope your is better next year!
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 11:11 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• i up early 4;30 am could no longer sleep made break fast that no one like ,made coffee for people who drink it i hate coffee
    i woke every one up at 9 am adult kids mad because mom came bouncing in
    when they where young it was 6am before they woke me up
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 11:14 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• My x ruined every holiday for me and the kids. I'm glad mine is an x. This year I'm alone and doing fine.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:33 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Sorry to hear yours wasn't what you expected, neither was mine. You are not alone. My DH was great, but his family was not. Also, we have been trying to have a baby for 8 months, and having a baby over made me really sad. I thought for sure I would be pregnant by this Christmas.
    Wishing you the best for 2011!
    isabellem

Answer by isabellem at 11:41 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• no parent died so close to christmas that all I do is cry most of the time.hoping yours was better katherine.
    poorrosie

Answer by poorrosie at 11:46 PM on Dec. 25, 2010