Skechers Shape-Ups?

What do you think of them? I was intrigued by the commercials and the claims on them, I asked for them for x-mas. I went with the Dr.Scholl's personal trainers from WalMart because I knew they would be cheaper than the Skechers brand. I wore them for the first time today and wow are they weird. My butt does not feel any different or more shapely! My heels were hurting all day until I got home and took them off!

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 11:08 PM on Dec. 25, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• LOL! That's not really what these shoes are designed for ya know. It's more or less a marketing ploy. The shoes got their start from the Earth shoes. They are a shoe with the negative heel technology. That was actually invented to help align the spine, make you back straight, which eases up the pain in your feet, legs and yes, butt. They were the first to say, yes, they are a work out shoes because they tone as well. It takes getting used to of course. Then the other companies started jumping on the "tone your butt" theory. They started making those weird shoes like the MBT. You certainly aren't going to notice results instantaneously and no without exercise.. which of course walking will eventually produce the same benefits. Go figure...
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:23 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• (sorry about the typos. It's time to get the nails redone!!)))
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:24 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• My Mom and sisters went for the Sketchers Shape ups and they look no different but do not diet either.
    I don't like them because this kid in my class has a leg shorter than the other and they look like her one shoe.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 11:26 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• I hate them. I got rid of mine. I had to go to the doctor and my physical therapist said to get rid of them. One doctor on the tv said to make sure you do stretches before wearing them or it can cause tissue damage. I've been healing from that damage for weeks now.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:27 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• I love mine! They help my back pain alot!
    clovismommy25

Answer by clovismommy25 at 11:34 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• They aren't magic. You will have to get used to them because they will cause pain at first. I have to wear a shoe with a rocker bottom because of issues from my auto accident. I love mine because they are more cushioned then the regular shoes I have that I had the rocker added to. I wouldn't get the other type because they don't feel the same as the skechers.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 11:41 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• For one it takes at least two weeks for you to notice a difference in your body, for two you need to break the shoes in to get them fitted to your feet to where they won't hurt anymore
    Lovingthegame

Answer by Lovingthegame at 12:12 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• The Skechers will be more comfortable than the copy cat brands. I own a pr of Skechers Shape Ups, and i love them so much that i bought a pr of Skechers Shape Ups for work with the slip resistant bottoms.
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 11:20 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• theyve only just come out here so idk yet
    san78

Answer by san78 at 10:40 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I have the Avia brand. I got them at Big 5 sporting goods. They felt amazing the minute I put them on. I don't know if they make a difference in how my body looks. I find them much more comfortable than many of my regular running shoes. I also have a pair of the sketcher tone up boots; they just feel kind of heavy, but are comfortable. I can wear them and be on my feet all day.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:53 AM on Dec. 27, 2010