Is there anyne out there who has tried comid and iui without success

I did everything the doctor had told me and now I found out after spending all that money my husband testerone levels are extemely low. Is it beneficial to do ivf like my doctor suggest or what should I do. I am about to lose my mind

jordanali

Asked by jordanali at 11:27 PM on Dec. 25, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• ???
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 11:36 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• I did both clomid and IUI-- nothing. We had unexplained infertility, though, which means that all of our tests came back within the normal range. We ultimately did get pregnant on our own, about 3 months after giving up fertility treatments. It took us 2 years to conceive.

As for low testerone levels-- I'm assuming this translates to low motile sperm levels? If that hasn't been tested, then you should get that tested right away. You can purchaes a test kit at home or do it in the clinic. Also, couldn't your husband take testerosterone supplements? They have something like that for women to increase libido-- they must have something similar for men. You should ask your primary care provider.

As for IVF-- remember that these clinics are a business. My doc pushed HARD for it. I'm glad I didn't. But that was our decision, Your decision needs to be based on what's right for you.

Good luck!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 12:29 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• i'm sorry :( i conceived two of my kids on my first month of clomid alone, no IUI or IVF tho.....im extremely sensitive to medication apparently, my dr was shocked the first time and super speechless the second time!

Cant they put ur husband on testosterone to help?
    kness7

Answer by kness7 at 2:57 AM on Dec. 27, 2010