Would you have stopped to talk more? About an ex.

I ran into an ex yesterday. Not just any ex but THE EX. The first love. The one that broke (shattered) my heart. The one that I broke his heart right back. The one where it ended badly. The one I have never forgotten even though I am happily married and haven't seen him in 8 years.
I was at Walmart of all places. He was in the pharmacy section w/ his sister. I stopped, shocked, and said hi. He stood up, smiled and said hi. I have been dreaming of running into him for years. It finally happens and all I say is HI and walk away.
Would you have spoken more? Is it normal my heart & head are thinking about him constantly now? And he looked damn good....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 PM on Dec. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• Of course you're thinking about him!! That always happens when you run into any ex, let alone the one that really hurt you like that. I probably would've said more, just chit chatted, but oh well. Give it a couple of weeks to really get out of your mind. It can take that long!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:45 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• Yeah. Haven't ran into "the ex" yet but don't know what I'll say or do when it does happen. I think you did the right thing though. What CAN you do? Its in the past. You have a different (good) life now. It is what it is.
    iluvmybabe

Answer by iluvmybabe at 11:45 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• I probably would have but I tend to talk to peop,e too much and i still regularly talk to my first ex.
    If were the ex to whom I lost my virginity I wouldn't of even said hi.
    All things considered if he's been on your mind it's probably safer standing how it did go.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 11:45 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• More importantly, how did you look? It is good you just said hi and no more. It doesn't give him the satisfaction that you may still have feelings since it ended badly. Sounds like your interest may be physical and not emotional. If it didn't work way back when, it won't work now. Don't blow your marriage over it.
    DeeMomOfFour

Answer by DeeMomOfFour at 11:47 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• No. Leave things the way they were. Wondering what could have been, it's just not worth it.You've moved on, and so has he.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:30 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• exes are exes for a reason. Think about and love your husband. He is who matters now!!!!
    JakesCupcake

Answer by JakesCupcake at 2:52 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Oh yeah...i would have stayed & told him how happy my life is!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:30 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Nope, I haven't. I don't know what I wouldn't have said. Probably what you did, or something stupid. And I'd probably be thinking of him, because old memories would come back. But, he was from the 9th grade. So, the him from 9th grade and the him now would NOT be the same. And the man I am married to, I'm happy. So, that's it. I don't want anyone else.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 2:58 PM on Dec. 26, 2010