question about drama at work

How do u handle people talking crap about u at work? Besides ignoring it? What if something really personal and possibly embarrasing is said about you? Would you deny, deny, deny? Or what? I've never been in this situation before so any advice will help. I know people will say and think what they want. I just don't have a good comeback.

iluvmybabe

Asked by iluvmybabe at 11:51 PM on Dec. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• This happened to a good friend of mine. One of the techs said he was sleeping with her! The office was a buzz with the gossip. She was my best friend and I knew it wasn't true. So when they started talking about it I would let them know he was lying. They all STILL talked about it! So I guess my point is, they're going to think and say what they want. And the more you deny the guiltier you look (she does protest too much). I would just leave it alone, and say if they're talking about you "well at least they're giving someone else a break". It dismisses their comments without you being defensive. I hate gossiping!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 3:34 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Just stay away from them. If it gets bad, address it with the boss.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:54 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• If this person doesn't know you, then they have no right to talk about you. I would have to tell them that before they start to judge me, get to know me first. That way they can at least get to know you before they judge you.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:28 AM on Dec. 26, 2010