need help with my little brother

what are some signs he's getting into drugs? I worry about him cause he's just not the same. Plus he switched schools because people were threatening to beat him up for not doing the drugs? I dunno if anyone can help that'd be great. Merry Christmas!

Heidikans

Asked by Heidikans at 12:27 AM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• BUMP....I have a brother that is 16 years old and I worry about him all the time too.. I would like to know the signs also
    tere1986

Answer by tere1986 at 12:36 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Their attitude changes, they become withdrawn, activities change, friends they used to hang out with aren't part of his life anymore. Pupils are dilated. If he was getting good grades in school and there slipping. These are not 100%, but may help a little. Talk to him about it, honesty is always best. Tell him your concerns and see how he reacts. Good Luck!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:50 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• agree with kathy those are signs my 17 yr old brother is in em and he is withdraw easyly adgitated is different eats at odd times or dont eat at all hes just different no human on drugs is the same as before. and shes right hes friends will no longer be his friends hell have new "friends"
    braylinsmommie

Answer by braylinsmommie at 1:04 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I would think you would know the signs. Do some research to be able to tell & try be around him a lot to watch his behaviors. If you are definite then tell your parents
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 4:22 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• That's the thing my parents are in denial of anything my brother does wrong. My little girl caught him and his girlfriend having sex so I informed my parents but they just wrote it off but when they read in my diary that I was oh it was all over. But he has all these signs except the eating. He eats normally that I've noticed. He used to be so laid back up until this year in high school he's so angry all the time and he's just so tense. He used to be VERY good honor student and this year he doesn't care about his grades. I don't know if it's just teenage boy or him being into drugs. It worries me because he's my little brother and I love him. He also carries a lighter around randomly. I've never seen anyone do that just because, He doesn't have a good reason. So I don't know. ah and my parents piss me off about it!
    Heidikans

Comment by Heidikans (original poster) at 11:24 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Get a home test (hair or urine)

Answer by rkoloms at 4:53 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Thank you everyone! I didn't know they had home tests! I'll steal some of his hair lol. Thank you thank you thank you!
    Heidikans

Comment by Heidikans (original poster) at 6:41 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Well it really could be a lot of things really. Everyone always thinks its drugs but that might not be the case. Maybe he's upset or stressed out because of incidences that were taking place at his old school? Maybe people were mean to him, made him feel bad about himself, he could be depressed over it...who knows! A lot of people change during the teenage years just because physcially your body is going through a lot so it affects you mentally. I was SOOOO different before and after my teenage years. I feel like during that time I was like brain dead or something...it literally feels like that wasn't me! Could be the same thing with him too. As far as the lighter goes, maybe he's smoking cigarettes? Which isn't good either but at least its not drugs. The agitation might be because he wants a cigarette and cannot have one. I'm not throwing drugs off the table...just giving you some other possible explantions. Good luck!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:57 PM on Dec. 26, 2010