my son is 17 and he has 103.4 fever and he's been vomiting all day what should I do he won't go to ER?

hmelkomians

Asked by hmelkomians at 12:49 AM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• give him some advil or tylenol to lower his fever keep fluids in him in small amounts at a time. Have him a take a cool shower. they wont do much for him at the er hes 17 and yes 103.4 is high but not that high for a adult iv ran that kind of fever im sure its just the flu or a severe cold.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 12:54 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• What scares me in meningitis. My Mom had a neighbor kid die from iot one christmas day similar senerio but for sure alternate tylenol and motrin doses every 2 hours and keep the liquids in him.

mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 12:56 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I don't know what his normal temp is, some people run higher than others, but if he won't go to the e.r. at least see if you can get him to take a tepid shower, this should help alleviate the fever temporarily. Keep a close eye and make sure he doesn't become dilusional and he's aware of his surroundings. If the fever doesn't break by morning I wouldn't give him a choice. I'd take him in to urgent care or er. Hope he feels better soon :(
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:58 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• what about appendicitis? it could burst and then he is in serious trouble. Happened to almost step daughter-long recovery.
    ferrellmt

Answer by ferrellmt at 1:02 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Why wont he go to the ER? could it be he took some illisit drugs and is scared? I'd be very worried. Although on the other hand it could just be the plain old flu. Give him tylonol and make him take a cool shower. Keep him awake until it comes down.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 1:07 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• make sure he drinks water not sodas and the Tylenol is good as well luke warm shower or bath but be sure the room is warm have him cover up and sweat the fever out he has most likely contracted the flue if it were appendicitis he would have pain in the lower right of his stomach. if he gets worse then u don't ask him u just put your mom foot down and get him to e r even if it means calling the ambulance
    WVgrandma

Answer by WVgrandma at 1:14 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Force him, he has to go!!!! Don't let a KID tell you, mama!
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 4:21 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• What scares me is meningitis
    Answer by mom2priceboys

Me too. Keep an eye on him and, sounds silly, but make sure his neck isn't stiff. Have him move it up and down.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 10:08 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Give him some tylenol & gatorade! If its still like this in the evening take him to the ER! He probably just doesn't feel like doing anything right now!
    CayShek

Answer by CayShek at 11:18 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• 103.4 IS high for a 17 year old, that is not normal and is a sign that something is wrong. People that age (and adults) do NOT run a 103.4 fever if something is not wrong. MAKE him go to the ER or doctor. He is a child and has no choice.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:24 PM on Dec. 26, 2010