Are you the Cinderella with two wicked sisters?

I most certainly am. I'm a walking mat in my family. I give, I help financially, and all I get is a slap in the face. I get treated pretty bad. My youngest sister needed help with her kid's Christmas, and guess who played rescue? Me! Did she say thank you? No! I'm always helping, but no one helps me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 AM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• I completely understand. I'm the middle sister and that's how I'm treated. I made a resolution last New Years not to allow them to do this to me any more and it was the best decision I've made in a long time! I'm much calmer, less stressed and my DH and son see the change in me! I'm sorry things are like this for you and will pray that you find a way to turn things around.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 2:32 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Thank you Robsmommy, I'm going to make the same New Years resolution. I'm so tired of helping my family members all the time, and their never there for me.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:49 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Then stop doing it! It's one thing to allow it to happen but another to see it and know it and continue it. Cut them all off. Don't be a martyr. I'm not bashing you, I'm just saying that there is something you can do about it. They will suck you dry emotionally, financially and every other way they can if you allow it. Said with love

Answer by admckenzie at 1:01 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Stop helping and put yourself first.
    Waxing_Lyrical

Answer by Waxing_Lyrical at 9:12 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Just say, "No."
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:37 PM on Dec. 27, 2010