Hair

Do men really care about hair? Do they really want to thick, long, shiny hair on their woman or does it really matter? I have longish hair (past my shoulders) but I usually keep it pulled back in a bun or ponytail so DH rarly sees it "in it's full glory". How do your men feel about your hair?

LadybugTash

Asked by LadybugTash at 2:38 AM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Does he notice. Well, one day I went to the hair salon, only to find out that I had mixed up the date, and was a day early, I came back home and DH, who I guess got tired of me asking him what he thought everytime I have it done, said, "Your hair looks real nice". Duh
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 5:42 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• My husband doesn't really care about my hair, if I like he's fine with it.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 6:44 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• DH likes mine pulled back.
    Averylee85

Answer by Averylee85 at 2:39 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• LadybugTash my hair sounds like yours...My dh prefers it down but being a mom & wife I can not he doesn't mind but when it comes to making love it's down all the way...lol (sorry TMI)
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:43 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Butterfly: It's not TMI (lol). I'm the same way. If I could leave it down all the time I would but my lifestyle (wife and mom with young child) just donse't make it practical. But in the bedroom I love to "let my hair down".
    LadybugTash

Comment by LadybugTash (original poster) at 2:46 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• DH loves when I have it down...it is down 95% of the time. He says its nice when I wear it down alot then wear it up cuz he says I have a sexy neck and back lol! O and he loves to pull it when we....you know... lol
    JakesCupcake

Answer by JakesCupcake at 2:48 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I think that men like the allure of voluminous hair. The way that someone told me of hair was that women with long hair are viewed as powerful/sexy and that women with short hair are viewed as sassy/confident. I don't know how much truth there is in that, but I thought it was an interesting take on hair length. Most days at home, I keep my hair back in a bun or ponytail, too. It's just easier than having it in my face as I'm playing with the kids or doing work. My DH likes it any way that I style it. I think that he is not as keen on the bun, though. :)
    Chocolatespring

Answer by Chocolatespring at 2:49 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• my dh hates my short hair..well, maybe hate is a strong word, but he certainly dislikes it. this time around, i do too-i got a 'trim' last week, that took almost 2 1/2'' off..NOT what my definition of a trim is! (yep, still pretty pissed.) BUT, he loves me, and says it doesn't matter..really...because its my hair and i'm free to do what i like.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:17 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• They do care! mine likes it on the long side.

Answer by older at 9:10 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Mine likes my hair long black and wavy...just like when we first met. When I cut it off, it was like he lost a leg or something LOL He was very dissapointed but he still liked it short just not what he preferred though.
    BrandyBaby22

Answer by BrandyBaby22 at 11:21 AM on Dec. 26, 2010