Anyone had a gastric bypass?

dreamingmind

Asked by dreamingmind at 3:12 AM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Health

• Yes and it is only a start, if you do not change your entire lifestyle it does not make a difference.
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 3:16 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• what a waste of money..... if you cant control how much you eat what makes you think you can maintain a slimmer body... if you dont change your eating habbits your still going to be fat! weather you are 100 or 200lbs.... yes... you can be fat at 100lbs
    FITmama2B

Answer by FITmama2B at 3:53 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I did not have gastric bypass. I had what is called DS in Brazil. It has changed my health completely. I no longer have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, arthritis, acid reflux and on and on. I can run and chase my grandkids.
    I eat everything I want to. I do have to take extra vitamins and also be sure to eat enough protein. Do not be discouraged by what others say. Life is not easy being overweight and I know it is not what you chose for yourself. Research the options. DS is duodenal switch. It does not make your stomach extremely small. It changes the intestines and shortens the intestines to limit absorption. Good luck.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:58 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• No, but I have known several to have it done.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:49 AM on Dec. 26, 2010