Submit

Do you believe you have to submit to your husband?

What if you work and make more money?

Would you then not be head of the household?

If we work the same amount, should he not cook me dinner sense I am the bread winner?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Relationships

• I think you both submit to each other. It's called loving compromise. No matter who earns more money. Just being understanding of the other's issues. Remembering to make them feel special and loved.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 3:20 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• cooking is something I enjoy doing for my husband I love to make him meals that he enjoys.. he has never cooked for me and I don't complain. I make more money then him but that has nothing to do with who cooks or cleans.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 1:07 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I don't think that money should even be a factor in relationships and I do not think that either partner should have to submit to one another. Relationships are partnerships that each person should contribute to equally. You obviously have your strengths by making more money but that doesn't mean he should become the household slave when you eat and make a mess there too. You both work the same hours and just as hard, the difference is how you get paid for it, at the end of the day though you're both just as tired and worn out so why should he suffer because he doesn't make as much as you do. Maybe you should alternate nights of who makes dinner and who does the dishes. In order to answer if you're then considered head of household it's generally determined by who pays more bills or the larger amount of bills.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 1:16 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• that was just an example. My point is everyone acts like I should come home and turn into a maid b/c of my gender. They say he should have the ulitmate say when it comes to money. WHY,b/c of my gender. i feel this is not fair.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• By no means that isn't fair. I firmly believe that relationships should be equal you do not date or marry someone to become their servant or maid. He shouldn't have the ultimate say when it comes to money, you earn it fair and square as well as long as household bills are p aid you should be allowed to do with your money what you want because you earned it not him.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 1:24 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I don't submit. My husband is the more passive personality between the two of us. I handle the money, pay the bills, generally I resolve most conflicts with the outside world. I am the "A" personality. Yet, I stay home. He works.. we discuss he job together and he's made several job changes in the last few years. We learn from each other - he's gotten better at "selling" himself to employers and demanding his worth at new jobs. I admire his patience and ability to weather my storms. ;) I don't think gender should "automatically" mean anything about what role you should play... beyond the obvious - I breast fed, hubby couldn't very well take that over. hehe. OP I understand what you're saying though.. what matters in the end is what works for you and your mate. If you guys are happy - no one elses opinion matters.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 1:40 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Who says that?
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:52 AM on Nov. 10, 2008