Another Chapter in my worst nightmare!

My oldest daughter came to town for Christmas, and she came over to visit with her brother, who was drinking again. She told him that she wanted him to father a child, so we would have a way of remembering him after he was gone. Because he is going to die, if he can't quit drinking, he is going to die. He laughed and said, okay Tiff, you find a woman that wants to bear my child, and I'll make you a baby. She picked up her phone and immediately texted her friend Amy*(name changed to protect the innocent). Amy and Travis know each other, she has been in love with him for the past eight years. They dated that long ago, and then he took off for a bigger city about an hour north of us. Tiff told her that Travis wanted to father a child by her, and proceeded to tell her that the child would be taken care of financially, until it graduated from college. Amy said, okay! I'll do it, are you serious? Oh yeah, Amy's phone was dead, so they connected on facebook, where this dialogue took place. Then Travis told her, tell her I'll marry her! Amy said, are you proposing to me for your brother on facebook? Really? Any way, Travis and Amy have been tallking for the past couple of days, and it looks like it's a go! The best part about it is that Travis is so excited about having a kid, he has quit drinking, and says now that he has something to live for, it' ll be much easier to stay away from it! He is just so stunned that Tiffany arranged all this so quickly, and is like a kid on his way to his first prom! He talked to Amy this morning, and when he got off the phone he said, I can't believe that I was a a loss for words! My tongue just got all tied up in a knot! Tell me I didn't sound as stupid as I think I did! Anyway, everyone is just all a twitter about this turn of events, I will keep you all posted as we go along! Thank you everybody for your prayers, they are working! And thank the rest of you for your concern and your well-wishes! Happy New Year Everybody!

MamaAlice54

Asked by MamaAlice54 at 3:40 AM on Dec. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• I know there is more to this. I have not read the previous posts that I know of. It sounds like a dream. It is having a good effect on your son. Someone needs to think about the child and the effects on him. Or her.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:43 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I have not read any of the other posts on what is going on in your life, so my comment is based soley on what I read here....

OMG, did any of the adults in this fiasco stop to think of the welfare of the child they are plotting to produce on facebook? Your daughter said the baby would be " taken care of financially, until it graduated from college" - by whom? Is your daughter planning on raising the child your son has with this girl?
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:09 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• My son was diagnosed with End Stage Renal disease. It has been touch and go for the past year. My son has benefits that will pass on to his child, and the child will be well-loved by my son, his family, and her family. We have considered the child, and the possibility that my son will leave a widow and a child when he passes. But who can say with any certainty when that will be? In March he was told that he had TWO months to live, then two weeks later, drs in another hospital told him that he had a 10% chance of living until August. Well he is still alive and getting better every day! Every Dr he sees, just shakes their head in amazement, because if you would look at his charts, he should be dead! I think that there is every chance that he will live to see this child graduate from college, and I think the chances will improve dramatically when he gets married and has this baby The family already knows Amy, (cont.)
    MamaAlice54

Comment by MamaAlice54 (original poster) at 9:53 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• (cont.)And we already love her, plus she has strong family connections. This is just an idea whose time has come. She is not a perfect stranger, who my daughter just put a finger on and asked her for this. This girl has been in love with my son for the past eight years, he is just now becoming aware of that, and it is giving him something to live for.
    MamaAlice54

Comment by MamaAlice54 (original poster) at 9:57 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• confused

sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 10:36 PM on Dec. 26, 2010