is it normal to resent my kid?

my baby is 2 months old and im sick of her. im sleep deprived, behind on everything n fed up.... christmas sucked, i didnt get to enjoy much due to her constant crying.... and found myself smilling at the idea of not having a baby... is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:43 AM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well I personally think No its not normal. I think you may have depression. But I'm no doctor. Call yours, see what she says.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 5:38 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Yes, its normal. It can be even worse if you switched from being a working mom to a SAHM. I didnt even like or love my baby until she was 7 weeks old. It takes time. And with everything that is going on with you, you are just plain tired. Its amazing how much getting less sleep can affect our lives. If you can, get some alone time, even if only for 1 or 2 hours. You need some time to rejuvinate and relax. And then one day in the future you will find yourself thinking "How could I ever live without her?"
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 6:18 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I dont know if it's normal or not..im not a doctor..but it sounds like sleep deprivation or a little bit of depression. I had some 'baby blues' right after I had my daughter...but it only lasted 2 weeks..and she didnt constantly cry. I would contact your doctor. do you have a partner or a family member that can watch her so you can get some quiet time?? Even a little bit each day will help you. Just remember- it does get better...she wont be like this forever...just keep trying things to help ease her. My son, who is almost 2...cries all the time. I finally figured out that when he is really upset..if I sing to him..it totally relaxes him. And nothing else will work besides that. Every kid is different..good luck!
    LoveMyKids0203

Answer by LoveMyKids0203 at 7:46 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• you may have post-partum depression AKA the baby blues go see your doctor about it. It is not normal to feel that way ....BUT it is not unheard of good luck it will and can get better
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 7:55 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Yes and no. Becoming a mom for the 1st time is overwhelming, especially if you have a "difficult" baby. Ask for help from the people who love you. Take some time away from your baby so you can come back to her with renewed energy.

I agree w/ the other posters - call your doctor and be really honest about how you're feeling. This happens to a lot of women & you may need some help getting past this point.

Good luck!
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 8:06 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Yes it does happen but for the child's sake it is your responsibility to go to the Doctor and get treated for the post pardon depression.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 8:17 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I don't know if it is normal or not.. I never went through that. I loved my dd from day #1. I would call your doctor, maybe you have post-partum depression. I would do anything to have another child. My dd is 8yrs old..
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 10:25 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I think you should talk to your doctor. Your baby is only 2 months old, and she needs her every need met. It can be overwhelming, but you should not have feelings of resent. The good thing is you are reaching out and trying to find out why however I think talking with your doctor or counselor may give you better insight. A baby is such a blessing. I cannot imagine what you must be going through. Do you have any support or help? Sometimes just getting a little break may help you. I hope and pray things get better for you...
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 11:11 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• You need to talk to your doctor and get some help.
    NatiesMommy

Answer by NatiesMommy at 2:05 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Sounds like PPD. I think you need to contact your doctor and get help ASAP
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:47 AM on Dec. 27, 2010