Silicone bakware in a water bath

I love this brownie pudding recipe but you cook it in a water bath, and if I have to fight with another springform pan for it only to leak again I think I will go crazy.. I bought a silicone cake pan thing the other day and was wondering if it will have the same effect on the cake if I use it instead of a springform pan in the water bath? I don't see why it shouldn't but just checking before I do and it doesn't work and sends me crazy!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:04 AM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Get a solid pan, butter it, flour it, and then line it with parchment paper, and butter and flour that. (you will need to use melted butter and a brush)

Cook your pudding, let cool, then wiggle the bottom of the pan in a bit of hot water. (like a jello mold.) flip onto a flat plate lined with wax paper, then flip onto a serving piece.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:58 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Lovinangels has the right idea...this is what I do. I've never had anything but issues with springform pans.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 2:42 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• It sounds like you should have wrapped the spring form pan in foil to prevent leaks....
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 8:09 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I did, and i did again, and again, and again, and it just kept leaking when I checked before putting the mix in it - then it wasn't leaking, but leaked during cooking.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:13 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Ugh, not sure. Foil would be my only guess.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:35 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• ^^ agree.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 12:19 PM on Dec. 27, 2010