If you have taken the morning after pill whilst breastfeeding, did it effect your supply?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:17 AM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It did not. I had no noticable side effects.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:39 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I have been on birth control pills for about three weeks now and I noticed a change. It was not enough to keep my little one from not getting enough. I just noticed she started feeding more often and started pulling at me. My supply is almost back to normal now.
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 9:30 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I didn't think you could get pregnant while breast feeding. Probably an old wives tale.
    Les1951

Answer by Les1951 at 10:54 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Les, breastfeeding can be considered a birth control method, but you have to follow very specific guidelines, and follow them to the T. Some of the guidelines include: baby is under 6 mos, you are nursing ON DEMAND, around the clock, baby doesn't go more the (x) hours without nursing (can't remember exactly), you have not had your cycle return, and there are a bunch more guidelines. Just mentioned these to give you an idea.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:10 PM on Dec. 26, 2010