Punished for exposing TSA?

This pilot was stripped of his fire arm and CCW permit because he exposed TSA issues on youtube..

http://www.news10.net/news/article.aspx?storyid=113529&provider=top&catid=188

What are your thoughts?

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 9:56 AM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• There is just no such thing as freedom of speach.. thats all bull.. we cant speak freely with out punishment.....I hink people should think before they speak.. and i also think... you should not talk about your important things about you job for this reason......
    lacyjay1987

Answer by lacyjay1987 at 10:12 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• It just shows the lengths the government is willing to go to try and keep themselves from looking like complete idiots in the media. Too bad they don't get that in their efforts to cover up their action they are showing their true colors.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:40 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I read a story that a woman who refused the enhanced pat down because she was a rape victim, was arrested by police. She said that they pushed her to floor, handcuffed her, and then drug her 25 yards in front of everyone in the security check point.

This is wrong. We may be having to travel cross country with our three children, and I would refuse this pat down (and the scanners) but I don't want to be arrested in front of my children. What would they do with my kids? Turn them over to the state? I can't imagine.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 11:28 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I think whenever you talk negatively about your employer or the industry you work for, it amounts to slander, which can negatively affect a company's bottom line, and put your employment with said company in jeopardy! Regardless of whether or not what you state is accurate. Most employees work in "at will" jobs--meaning you can be fired for ANY reason or NO reason at all!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:22 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I am very sympathetic to the pilot but I fear he may have shot some video that may have compromised some secure areas...at least, that is the only thing that I can imagine for the reaction by the TSA and the local law for the removal of his right to carry on board. I am very interested in the outcome of this case.
    annabarred

Answer by annabarred at 8:49 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• LoriKeet ... the pilot never gave his name nor did he say what airline he was working for. And since he doesn't work for TSA, then he wouldn't be talking "negatively about [his] employer," nor is talking about the industry that he works for. The industry that he works for is commercial travel, not government security.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 9:31 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

***
    Well, obviously they figured out who he was! Your YouTube will provide information to those with a warrant requsting it. Your ISP address is traceable, as is your cell phone. Even if he didn't work for the TSA, he was subjected to TSA screenings, and his being connected to the airline industry makes him accountable as far as the whole procedure goes--more so than the average passenger doing the same.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:04 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• The truth isn't slander
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 1:28 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Wrong, so wrong. Do you see how all of a sudden the slashing of our first amendments are being done right in front of our own eyes now?
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:25 AM on Dec. 27, 2010